Concern about Origin Premier Access, combining with std. version of the game

by Rakii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Concern about Origin Premier Access, combining with std. version of the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Well heres the short end of it.

I got a code for purchasing a RTX card, redeemed it, and added it to my origin library. All is good.

But I really want to play 1 week before on the 15th, so Im definately gonna purchase the Origin Access Pass for one month, to get around that. 

But heres my concern. What happens at the end of the subscription? Do I have to start from new on the standard version of the game, or does it simply just remove the ingame bonuses I got from premier, something in between.

Would be bad luck to spend a month in a deluxe version, and have to start all over again in normal, because the launcher sees the game as two separat games.

Hope anyone can clarify this for me.

Message 1 of 7 (197 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Concern about Origin Premier Access, combining with std. version of the game

★★★ Guide

The progress will be saved. Just without LOD stuff.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (191 Views)

All Replies

Re: Concern about Origin Premier Access, combining with std. version of the game

★★★ Guide

The progress will be saved. Just without LOD stuff.

Message 2 of 7 (192 Views)

★ Guide

This is essentially an MMO: Your saves/etc. are all on the server, so there would be no difference. Once you've gotten in to claim the items, they're yours.

Message 3 of 7 (186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I kinda got an answer for this. But the preload kinda has me worried. It looks like I got two games in my games library, and If I wanted, I could download them both, and install them seperately.

This seems kinda against strange, that you would be able to do that. But I guess its all okay if its all dependant on your EA account. Could be really nice to get a solid confirmation on this, especially since with all the live subscriptions and digital standard copies, being mixed all together
Message 4 of 7 (140 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
There is a reply to this from EA in one of the other threads. They said it's all one install, just clicking on the Premier one will let you in the game on the 15th.
Message 5 of 7 (120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'd be worried about getting an STD version of a game too. Who knows where it's been and who's used it.

Message 6 of 7 (103 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The only issue I had with Premier was Mass Effect. I canceled Premier then it locked me out of Mass Effect Andromeda. I bought the game retail then added Premier later. I had to call support and get it fixed. It was a mess.

I have since went back to premier since they added more games and made it honestly a great deal if you like EA games. Not to mention other third party games they have added. You get the better than standard versions, get to play early, get into closed beta's etc....For $99 bucks a year even if you only play two games Premier offers it pays for itself. Actually more than pays with two games cause you get the $79 versions of the games or more.
Message 7 of 7 (69 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help