Re: Community issue

by Silz616

Original Post

★★ Expert
@budzai you sound like a snob and attempting to talk with you any further will only result in the same mule responses.

Have an open mind and think outside those thick walls inside your head. Fortnite was nothing and became something and when they did, they added in skins for players to purchase so they can get more revenue and those skins were prices in a way everyone could buy them.

Apex did the opposite, they went towards the path of earning a lot of money in a short time rather than make more over the long run.

But again, you are too stubborn to think differently. As you say, "have a nice life", 'kid'.
Message 11 of 25 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Pretzelnutcake"even though some of us don't spend money, the time we invest in the game has a lot of value". So basically for playing their free game you expect a ton of free items to choose from? You clearly have never owned a company. Do you think if you sat in a McDonalds every day for 5 hours never spending a dime and then the owner came up to you and you said to him "Me sitting here using your bathrooms and water fountain adds a lot of value to McDonald's so I deserve a free menu item of my choice" that he would agree? And to say people are paying money for items in Warplane because they want to support the devs?  No, its because they want instant gratification and don't want to grind it out they would rather buy it right now.  If you think people are shelling out money because they love devs they have never met you are crazy.

Message 12 of 25 (372 Views)

★ Guide
@budzai Don't feel bad, this is the theme with Blockhead and Pretzel. Pretzel complains about something and then when you disagree Blockhead says you are close minded and ignorant for not agreeing with their point. If i had to guess they both are run by the same dude that logs into a different account to try and show someone supported his comment lol.
Message 13 of 25 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@budzai wrote:
@PretzelnutcakeNo. You have no right to cry for free/ cheaper cosmetics in a F2P game. Period.

For me it's not about buying or not buying. I've bought both seasons passes and "some" loot crates in the past, more so to pay Respawn for the enjoyment I have had out of a F2P game.

The Iron Crown event didn't have to be free, but looking at the big picture, and the time limit on the event, it's nothing short of over the top. I know I don't have to buy, and I'm all in favour of truly rare loot, but 22 items that have to be bought to be able to have the opportunity to buy an axe for a further £35.00? I love the game, and Respawn as a dev, but I cannot defend this.

Limited time on being able to unlock stuff to keep it rare? Yep. Charge for skins? Yep, but less of the loot boxes and more of the buy what you want. I'm also in favour of not everybody being able to acquire "everything all the time". This keeps certain content rare and I get that. Some skins maybe locked behind a challenge unlock, but not a pay wall.

What makes this even worse are the game bugs and issues. They need addressing before any event like I.C. Why pay top dollar (awy to much imo) for items in a game that isn't running great for a lot of people. Again I have defended this in the past, putting faith in Respawn to "get it right" but my faith and patience is being eroded.

The timing and pricing of this event is a bit of a train wreck imo. I want Apex to succeed. I'm willing to buy future BP's and other content, if they can get the core game working without the code errors, and inconsistent lag/servers/hit detection. I already have money invested in Apex but I will not part with anymore cash now until the fundamentals are resolved.

Message 14 of 25 (362 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Wreck_It_Lopers McDonald's and videogames are two different subjects entirely and shouldn't be compared. But to emphasize my point about playtime, aside from reviews what's the first thing you would check when deciding on whether or not you want to try out a new game? How active it's community is or in other words, playtime.

Also agreeing with someone frequently doesn't mean there's a secret agenda where we're actively trying to gang up on others or something, it just means we have similar mentalities, just like you agree with budzai's point of view. Either hold a meaningful discussion or agree to disagree and move on, there's no reason to get hostile towards eachother over things we can't even control or influence in the end
Message 15 of 25 (336 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Legends,

We know this is a hot topic within the community and we want to continue hearing this feedback. This is absolutely a great topic of discussion. There is no need to attack each other with personal insults though based off how they see value in something. 

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 25 (314 Views)

★★ Expert
@Wreck_It_Lopers It's not a theme.

I or anyone else in the community is asking for free items. We just want things to be reasonable and within reach. Not in the distance where only whales can get it.

Considering your responses to many things on the forums, you do not put much thought into what you post. Which is OK I guess.
Message 17 of 25 (305 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The only way to make this game Dev and gamers happy will be but compromise. I'm willing to make it more rewarding by rewarding the top 3 teams and maybe a monthly fee within reason. How many can agree on that?

Message 18 of 25 (279 Views)

★★ Expert
@UnForgivenkills MONTHLY FEE?? for what? lmao

If you are suggesting a monthly fee to play the game, you lost your mind. No game should ever charge a monthly fee for anything. They should just sell BP and charge their skins at reasonable prices, Hell i'd buy 5 skins right now if they were under $10. That's $50 right there.
Message 19 of 25 (271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@iBlockHead if it's a free to play game and you want to cry about getting skins you are playing the wrong game. Devs need ways to earn money to develop the game further. Or is that too hard to comprehend. A small monthly fee for cheaper skins and extra loot for getting in the top three is not a bad compromise which is the key word. Only kids have issues with earning anything that's why the devs said what they said about being spoiled little brats putting it nicely.

Message 20 of 25 (261 Views)