Re: Community issue

by Pretzelnutcake

Original Post

Community issue

★★★★ Novice

After hearing what is going on between devs and the community of the players this is one thing I would like to say. For one the devs are right people now are spoiled  this is a free game to play they have to make money some how in order to keep putting out content. Two the price needs to be lowered or even charge us with a monthly fee for the ones willing to pay but within reason don't be a Blizzard  14.99 a month is to much for new content every three months or so. I would be willing to pay some where around 5-10 dollars a month and knowing how players are if you can get content for winning or make the top 3 in the match get a chance at a prize from that robot at the end that works. For instance the winners will get three items random 2nd place gets 2 and third get 1 I would be fine with that and the chance for random epic loot would be amazing. That's me though just listen to the ones that not only play your game but work as well I want to feel like my money is being spent well. Thank you.

Message 1 of 25 (630 Views)

★★★ Pro
@UnForgivenkills Agree and disagree. The players may have gotten a bit toxic (it was Reddit afterall) but they had every right to be angry regardless of whether they were dumb enough to blindly pay those outrageous prices or not and Respawn only added fuel to the fire there by throwing insults and reminiscing about times when players weren't so toxic, aka times before EA and lootboxes were in every other gaming news article.
Even the recent 'apology' looked insincere and just put out because they were ordered to.
Message 2 of 25 (606 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All I can do is give suggestions just like everyone else. I do agree that respawn needed to be a little more professional about their reaction but everyone slips up we are all human after all.

Message 3 of 25 (601 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Pretzelnutcake No. You have no right to cry for free/ cheaper cosmetics in a F2P game. Period.
Message 4 of 25 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@budzaibut we do...

If we don't, they will only continue this practice of high expensive items and the game will die off.

Sure its only something cosmetic but players of all kinds love to show off their favorite outfits and enjoy seeing them on those Apex banners that are in game.

Fortnite makes load of money because they know how to price their items and because of that, many players buy the cosmetics and the game is still thriving because of the free loot that they also offer through their BP and the constant updates to better improve their game, instead of updates that tried to focus on your wallet. 

Apex right now only offers a few skins through their BP and the much cooler ones are placed behind a huge pay wall. Sure you can buy the skins directly now but in the end, it all just cost more than before.

Message 5 of 25 (571 Views)

★★★ Pro
@budzai Have you played a game called Warframe? You can literally earn almost everything in the game (cosmetics,gear) just by PLAYING their game. It's run by a small indie company that gathered so much player goodwill over the years that people are literally buying stuff they can get just by playing the game simply to support the devs, and in return they're helping people who don't have the luxury of shelling out entire paychecks on videogames to also enjoy the good stuff too. Respawn is a bigger, more well known company run by EA who makes billions off their games yet they're overpricing and paywalling everything under the sun as if they're about to go bankrupt or something.

Don't forget that it's a free game by their choice and even though some of us don't spend money, the time we invest in the game has a lot of value that you clearly don't know about and neither does EA apparently.
Message 6 of 25 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PretzelnutcakeLOL
If you think the good stuff in a game is the cosmetics than you should change to an other hobby. And no I haven't played Warframe so I don't know who it works, but you know that's a different game and different people play it right?
Yeah it was their choice to make this game F2P, just how it is your choice to buy a cosmetic/lootbox or not. It is that simple: if they worth that much to you, you buy them, if they aren't then you don't buy them. But crying for free lootboxes, cosmetics (or about their prices) is just pathetic.
Oh yeah your time worth something? Yeah you are a playmate to the others. You want to get paid for it too? Do you also ask how much your time worth when playing a full priced game?

Message 7 of 25 (531 Views)

★★★ Pro
@budzai You're clearly too thick in the cranium to see things from any perspective but your own so I won't waste my time trying to reason with you, have a nice life
Message 8 of 25 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead No you don't. You should climb down to Earth from you tower kid.
How do you know this will kill the game? And if it will then what? You can go and play an another one.
You have no idea, how the apex community spends money. May be there are a lot of whales who spend huge amount and only a small percent of the community buy skins if they are cheaper, then it is understandable why the high prices. You know this is a business right?
Apex gives free loot through battle pass too. Iron crown event also have free loot boxes. As I have checked out Fortnite battle pass that doesn't give you that much free stuffs either.
Also Fortnite is an anomaly just like WoW was. So many games are made now days it is not a surprise some bad one gets popular.
Message 9 of 25 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Pretzelnutcake Now you really told me. Have a nice life too.
Message 10 of 25 (515 Views)