Commo Rose and Joystick support

by vincegun

Original Post

Commo Rose and Joystick support

★★★ Newbie

Just throwing this out there for anyone involved in the making of the game and it's future support.

Commo Rose needs to come back, hard. How're we supposed to tell teammates that we want health or ammo? I didn't see it in the beta. I only want to voice chat with the one IRL buddy of mine that I would play with on the weekends and we would do that on Discord. Otherwise, all I need to do is spot enemies, point out objectives and call for ammo/health.

Also, joystick support. FULL joystick support for PC. I bought a Thrustmaster T16000m a while ago, the bit with the joystick and throttle slide thing, for Elite Dangerous and what I hoped this game would eventually be announced as. I've tried to configure them in-game in BF4 just to get used to flying with them, but I can't use both plugged in at the same time. I shouldn't have to use a third-party program for such a basic thing. I really, really wanted to rock that VTOL with it and whatever else I could learn to fly. With all the buttons and hat switches on it (and other joysticks out there, TBH) I see no reason for a game like this that's so heavily invested in vehicular mayhem to not have full joystick support. I've got a system that can run the game, a ultrawide monitor to play it on, 5.1 audio that sounds great.... let's have joysticks to round out the experience.

I don't really do forums much. Like, ever. Buuuuut I took the time out to say this because I really, really want to buy this and these would almost solidify my decision. I had fun otherwise during my short time in the beta.

Message 1 of 7 (381 Views)

Re: Commo Rose and Joystick support

Hero
Hi @vincegun Thanks for the feedback. I'm not certain about joystick support but I do know that the comma rows and squad orders weren't enabled for the beta. Should be in the game when it releases though.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 7 (354 Views)

★★ Expert

@ElliotLH wrote:
Hi @vincegun Thanks for the feedback. I'm not certain about joystick support but I do know that the comma rows and squad orders weren't enabled for the beta. Should be in the game when it releases though.

The commorose wasn't enabled during the Technical Playtest, but "Should have been enabled in the Beta".

But we got the "months old build" excuse again.

If the game releases in November, I already expect to see that argument again.

Message 3 of 7 (332 Views)

@vincegun common rose was simply not enabled in the Beta built yet but we'll for sure have something like this in the final game, as you need to communicate and give orders within the team.

Full Joystick support hasn't been confirmed yet, but we might see more then as soon as we see the full settings in the game.

Maybe they added something in control settings for it.

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 7 (310 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This exactly.

How do you "test" a game that's based on team play without tools of communication? Maybe that's why the beta felt like a FFA. 

Anyways, Im wondering about Commo Rose as well because its a core function in BF. There was no key bind for it in the menu so being worried about whether it will be in the final build or not are valid, IMO. What about server browser? And why has no one from Dice answered any questions at all? Isn't this exactly they chance to put fans at ease a month before launch? 

IMO, this all doesn't look to good for launch.

Message 5 of 7 (302 Views)

I'm pretty confident that we'll see something similar to a server browser as it's a really important feature imo.

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 7 (290 Views)

★ Apprentice

I really do hope that they wil eventualy get the finger out of their *, and fix, no joystick support is a joke.  This is completely unacceptable any way you look at it . . .  The joystick suport was one of the main reasons the first game was so succesfull, and the series remained so.      Not allowing the players the use of propper flight peripherals is like selling a car, but the engine and wheels is an optional extra that is not available on this model . . . 

Message 7 of 7 (214 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help