Re: Commander Mode???

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Commander Mode???

★★★★★ Novice

Was reading through everything today and did not know if I missed something but is going to be some type of commander for each side during the matches or has nothing been announced related to this yet?

Message 1 of 25 (1,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Commander mode in BF4 was annoying and frustrating imo.

If available should be a in game vote to position feature.

The way Dice implemented it in BF4 was just annoying, sometimes we would have an opposite team with a great commander and our team a potato or no commander at all.

One of the reasons 3rd party dedicated servers were a must

Message 2 of 25 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Nanobananotv Nothing confirmed yet, but lots of speculation.

Message 3 of 25 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hopefully all will be revealed come Sunday June 13th when we get a gameplay reveal.

Message 4 of 25 (1,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

"ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED - REQUESTING A BARRAGE!"

Back in the day I used to absolutely love the commander mode in BF2. It was, to me, what fun was all about - sitting back and managing the battle with the help of feet on the ground. The Commander mode in BF4 was good, but not great. BF2 had it just right.

I honestly wish they will include this for us War College Graduates that love to play the game like that.

Message 5 of 25 (1,041 Views)

★ Expert
@Nanobananotv I hope so, but no word on it that I can tell. If so, I hope it's implemented like in BF2 with commander assets on the ground that can be blown up/repaired (artillery, UAV trailer, Radar).

Blow them up to deprive the enemy commander of abilities, and repair them to get those abilities back. It created a nice "game within the game" scenario for BF2.
Message 6 of 25 (1,032 Views)

@Baabbas wrote:

Commander mode in BF4 was annoying and frustrating imo.

If available should be a in game vote to position feature.

The way Dice implemented it in BF4 was just annoying, sometimes we would have an opposite team with a great commander and our team a potato or no commander at all.

One of the reasons 3rd party dedicated servers were a must

That's why we need BF2 fighting commanders back. Having 128 players with no commander would be chaos.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 25 (1,006 Views)

★★★★ Guide

BF2 Commander implementation was best but come on, who didn't love playing commander on the iPad whilst having a no.2 😂

Message 8 of 25 (1,002 Views)

★ Pro
@ninjapenquinuk BF4 only if your team was winning. BF2 at least on a losing team you could help.
Message 9 of 25 (974 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I would love to see a modified BF4 style but with a lot less UAV and maybe one artillery barrage to allow for more focus on actually directing squads where to go. I'd keep supply drops and then  maybe add the ability to drop a special vehicle a couple of times a round like a abrams tank that had slightly more health and maybe some extra ammo or faster reload time - nothing crazy.

I think the SCAN function is fine but the UAV should be really limited given all the gadgets and optics likely to be out there.

But the main focus would be on coordination which with 64 players is going to be important. I'm skeptical we'll see commander though - I suspect they want to offload a lot of those functions to squad leader like in BFV.

Message 10 of 25 (963 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help