Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

★★★ Novice

With the Storm I tend to use Ice Shards and then Melee. I have found that when they are packed together the combo explosion will cause others to freeze as well.

Message 31 of 103 (361 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Get your colossus flying high, and smash in the middle of the group of mobs, as soon as it did its hulksmash thing, pop your AOE eletrical coil (the big Push and hold A hto do an AOE attack), and once it's done, pop your autocanon while turning without moving to finish whatever might still be standing. If have an explosive mod on any of your weapons, after the AOE, you'll get quite a few nice boom booms :D

Message 32 of 103 (357 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

As a Colossus i like flamethrower and jump+melee to detonate. I prefer to use melee to detonate so i can equip higher damage single target gear rather than the shock coil.

Message 33 of 103 (350 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
For interceptor I like using Cyro Glaive and swapping between Wraith Strike or Detonating Strike depending on content. Freeze is so OP especially in strongholds.
Message 34 of 103 (355 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I like to double jump on my colossus, followed by a melee attack, causing huge AOE damage in my immediate area. 

The Lightning Coil for the colossus can be turned on, and will continue to fire until you turn it off or it runs out of charges. This means you can fire it, then switch to another weapon. This is especially nice if you switch to a primer, such as the Flamethrower, since you can continuously detonate your own combo primer as long as they both have ammo.   

Another thing I noticed: If you're fighting a heavily shielded opponent who is otherwise immune to directly applying primers, you can still prime and combo off unshielded minions nearby(those guys are always swarming nearby anyway!).  As a mostly solo player, this  has allowed me to take down shielded enemies MUCH faster than focusing on the shielded enemies directly. 

Message 35 of 103 (337 Views)
Highlighted

My favorite strategy is to apply a primer with whichever Javelin I am currently in then use a detonator, or detonate others primers. I will not give specifics most are mentioned in the thread somewhere already. Besides we would not want the best combos getting a Hasbro Factory dropped on them now would we? :P

Message 36 of 103 (331 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I didn't even knowh this was a thing, I've been getting combo marks in game and wasn't sure why. I just equip my biggest baddest weapons ans spam them till my foe is dead.

(I duno hot to get a screen shot, doesnt work)

Message 37 of 103 (315 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Oh, another great thing about the Lightning Coil....it can be turned on while your Colossus shield is held up, making it one of the few weapons that can be used while maintaining your block.  Standard smile 

Message 38 of 103 (310 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Favorite Storm combo is easily using the Blast Seal: Ice Storm. Freezing multiple enemies in place ripe for me to use the Focus Seal: Burning Orb. Fully charged it blast most if not all the people frozen and does massive damage with the combo. Not only that as the storm it passes the freezing of enemies to all those surrounding so if you missed anyone the first time it spreads it out. This is the perfect way to clear large waves because it freezes everyone in place and the whole squad can unleash hell on those outlaws, dominion, scar, or scorpions. 

Message 39 of 103 (307 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Hi guys! Just wanted to share a build that I've been using in grandmaster 2 content.

It revolves around using Shock Coil & Siege Artillery masterwork version. I say 'tanking' because it's not the usual/typical tanking in other MMOs. I've run across several random colossus players also running this build, I guess we all came ot the conclusion that the build can be used to tank.

This is meant for new colossus players who like the 'tanking' playstyle, to give them an idea on what to expect at higher difficulties, as I'm sure a lot, if not all, end-game/vet colossus players already know about this.

I didn't include any fancy amazing god-roll masterwork/legendary stuff as I don't really have one for this build, so I just stuck with the basics.

#AnthemColossus

Message 40 of 103 (290 Views)
Twitter Stream