Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

★★★★★ Newbie

Right now im mainly playing a storm. When it comes down to solo content or group play it can hold its own if you have a good plan regarding combo's

SOLO:

Variant(Sniper)

Primer

Frost Shards(Chaotic Rime); This gear is perfect for freezing many smaller enemies or focusing on freezeing and priming a bigger foe, it also respawns its shards quickly and if you do possess the mw or above upgrade also sets up nicely for a detonator with another 125% dmg.

Detonator

Lightning Strike(Ponder Infinity); This gear has some of the highest damage potential out there and can be cast from far away leaving you safe on the field and able to choose how to engage any situation, it shares a similar cooldown with frost shards and if you possess the mw or above upgrade also adds another 60% dmg on top of what your primer already has from Chaotic Rime(125%).

Variant(Elementalist)

Primer

Ice Storm(Winter's Wrath); This gear is perfect for priming large groups of enemies as you can easily without extra modifiers get of 2-3 blasts in different locations if you have the mw or above.

Detonator

Burning Orb(Ten Thousand Suns); This gear is quick and makes for a very mobile playstyle that lets you avoid damage while dishing it out, if you posses the mw or above you get a massive damage buff.

GROUP:

The best storm does not help itself though, the best storm you play together with your friends. An interceptor can have more aoe from various auras that can be put to use anywhere they need to be and the best single target you might find with a ranger and their inate ability to get extra dmg when doing combo's as such you will most likely field a dual primer storm and make up for your lack of combo damage with for example a hover build in the rest of the slots.

Variant(Iceking)

Primer

Frost Shards(Chaotic Rime); This gear is perfect for freezing many smaller enemies or focusing on freezeing and priming a bigger foe, it also respawns its shards quickly and if you do possess the mw or above upgrade also sets up nicely for a detonator with another 125% dmg.

Primer

Ice Storm(Winter's Wrath); This gear is perfect for priming large groups of enemies as you can easily without extra modifiers get of 2-3 blasts in different locations if you have the mw or above.

Message 81 of 103 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Interceptor: Venom Bomb / Tempest Strike

Or Cyro Glaive / Tempest Strike

Then spread the acid or freeze via aura and melee detonate.

Message 82 of 103 (279 Views)

★ Guide

As of this morning my combo has changed

Ranger

frag grenade which is probably what most rangers use for its aoe

and my favourite thing so far

Tactical Onslaught - this masterwork acid dart is just awesome as it gives a permanent extra charge which is a massive bonus.

coupled with Thunderbolt of Yvenia as i just love how the lightning damage effect comes from above like a bolt of lightning from Zues himself - nicer effect than just the enemy becoming electrified.

12 strongholds

9 missions

6 contracts

hours and hours in free play

All on GM1 and only 2 masterworks so far and 0 legendaries  😭😭 — the tears are real people!

but hundreds of greens,blues and whites!

Message 83 of 103 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Storm

Frost shards + lightning strike / melee attack. Recharges the ultimate quickly.

Interceptor

Acid bomb + melee attack. Strike system is Plasma star for distant attacks.

Colossus

1) Flamethrower + Lightning coil / melee attack. For close combat.

2) Firewall mortar + Railgun. For distant attacks. (Would be perfect if the mortar had circular area)

Ranger

Still experimenting.

Message 84 of 103 (262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Been playing with a group of friends for the VIP demo, open demo, early release and "full" release.  I've been running Colossus with my buddies as Storms.  Sadly I don't have any of the MW ordnance or assault launcher pieces for the Colossus yet, only level 28 at the moment too.

These have been by setups that have been highly successful for us.

• Flame Thrower + Lightening Coil - An obvious one, I know.  This is great for running around and clearing out hordes of mobs and setting up combos for yourself.
  • Firewall Mortar + Siege Cannon - Great for choke points, groups and when you don't necessarily want to be up in the face of everyone.  
  • Flame Thrower + Firewall Mortar - Yes, double primers, however works well with the Colossus melee attacks for combo setup.

Strategy wise, I try to knockdown or setup enemies and key off my team mates for combos.  Constantly moving is the way I play.  I rarely sit still, and boy do I love the +300% shield damage component for Colossus.

Message 85 of 103 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

i love the venom bomb+ sudden death combo with the interceptor. first you weaken them with the bomb and then you kick with the sudden death.

sudden death has a skill that causes explosion when you hit an enemy with it. i got it with 100% gear charge that means i can kick 2 times a row and cause total havoc for big groups. snipers and shield guys melt pretty fast in gm1 too with this combo.

i have rescued many stronghold teams appearing with this setup. you could easyly solo every stronghold with this combination all the way to the boss.

after that it gets a little harder to use against bosses.

Message 86 of 103 (251 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been playing non stop when servers allow through all the disconnects item loses and frustration, and I'm still having fun.

The Storm has great cc, dmg, range, and awesome combo interaction.

This game seems to be about a 15% finished beta and I look forward to Bioware actually finishing development to make this a good game for all to play. Cannot wait for the actual content, story, interaction in the hub and city, to be able to see our character in 3rd person and customize them for the city, for the city to be finished so we can really explore or do challenges out of the javelin, also for loot to actually drop regardless of color in a mmo like looter shooter, to have a character stat sheet in game like normal, to actual explain stars and interaction in game like normal, and all though I and alot of people are willing to play a 15% game we paid $80 so the trend of unfinished project going out should stop and the paid beta for this (what we are in now) should have been a reasonable price. Then after a year or so of actual testing this game could really be what was promised. 

Message 87 of 103 (240 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

To be fair currently I think the most powerful combo heavy set right now is a colossus with Solvent Green (Venom Spitter Masterwork) and Rubidium Furnace (Firewall Mortar Masterwork). The Solvent Green adds +200% to combo damage. They're both primers so at first it seems like they don't have a lot of synergy. But they really do.

No ability in the game sets a wide area continuously up for a combo as fast as Firewall does, ripe for that massive 300% of normal combo damage. Together they allow insane area denial combined with massive single target damage, as well as aid the party by constantly setting primers all over the place (it helps that few combo primers are as obvious as a big pool of flame, so PUG teammates home in with their own detonators like sharks after blood). In GM1, you can melee any trash and most non-trash mobs with a single bash. Meanwhile 2-3 shots from Venom Spitter + bash will allow you to wipe the floor with any individual mob groups. Thanks to the run / fly & shield knockback effect, you can literally herd mobs into the flames if they dare to try and run away from it.

This herding is also ideal against those flying pesky shielded mobs, who tend to be nearly immune to acid / venom. Even if their shields are up, you can just run them down and into the flames. From there, they'll be virtually instantly primed and you can just bash and shoot away. The fact that Rubidium effectively gets a free extra charge every 20 seconds really helps, since the duration of the flame wall is roughly 20 seconds as is, so now you can effectively ward off one area AND cook another at the same time for most fights.

In my heart I seem to be an Interceptor, but my god I've never felt as bad a** in any game as I did when I picked those items up and started playing my colossus. This is the first game in my recent memory where with this build, I have become a tank not through some artificial taunting mechanics. But due to simply overwhelming firepower and aggressiveness.

I love it!

Message 88 of 103 (237 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So, upon playing my Interceptor my go to combo combination is:

1. Venom Bomb

2. Melee

It's simple, but works.

Here's a tip though: If you hold down your "Q" key you can actually see where your grenade will land and how many enemies it will hit.

Here's a pic (apologies for the poor quality): Interceptor Venom Bomb Combo.

Message 89 of 103 (200 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Personally I've been loving two different combos for my Interceptor.

Solo Play:

-Cryo Glaive (Ice Primer) - Allows you to freeze an enemy and combo with your melee to acquire the ice aura to keep all enemies around you frozen for a short time. The crowd control can come in handy when you get into a sticky situation.

-Venom Spray (Acid Primer) - Acid is extremely useful as it reduces enemy resistances. Using this allows you to get the acid aura and increase the amount of damage you can inflict to take out enemies more quickly.

Team Play:

-Venom Bomb (Acid Primer) - Ranged acid primer that hits a small area so that you can reduce the enemy resistances and then swoop in and use the second ability.

-Tempest Strike (Lightning Detonator) - When you hit a target with this ability it detonates every enemy around you at the same time and causes a great amount damage to a small group.

Keep on grinding you guys! Strong alone. Stronger together!

Message 90 of 103 (193 Views)
Twitter Stream