Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

★ Apprentice

i play a lot with a ranger buddy, so fire grenades all over the place! on my colossus i have a MW venom spitter and the lightning coil. 

That with a MW detonation component and a sigil with 30% bonus combo bonus makes for deadly explosions.

When i run my storm i use Ice Storm with Buring Orb. Works really nice and has a high damage output as long as you hit the target. Had crits upwards of 20K!

Message 51 of 103 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

One thing I've noticed playing as a Ranger is that your squad mates always screw up your combos lol. Rangers are built for single target hard hitting combos. You can decimate a shield scar with one quick dart/grenade. But it's very common for your flamethrower colossus friend to trigger the combo before you can get yours off, which sucks when trying to deal big damage to big yellow bar enemies. One work around for this is using the sticky grenade and acid darts combo. You can actually throw your sticky grenade first and then instantly follow it up with darts. Once you get the timing right, your darts will land just before the grenade goes off, triggering that big damage ranger combo and that beautiful high pitched combo ding. Say goodnight.

Message 52 of 103 (264 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Combo builds for Colossus is plentiful and seen alot of variety.. some..most I've used and like in some situations...yet disliked in others.  Remember where possible see what your team mates are running with and try to work together for best combo possible which is team work. Sometimes flamethrower is my go to primer,  sometimes dome... depends if we have someone else running frost. In sort ... don't get stuck on your "go to set up" at the expense of team synergy.

Message 53 of 103 (255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I haven't spent much time playing anything other than the Colossus, so I can't say for 100% sure, but there may not be a better self sufficient combo build than:

Primer

Detonator

You can set off multiple combos with this build without having to rely on anyone else to prime or detonate mobs.

Combo Screenshot

I put together a little something something on YouTube to show off what this loadout can really do. (I can't get the darn video to embed, so please just click the link to check it out. Thanks!)

Combo King Colossus - https://youtu.be/4bx30-YZNMo

The combonacity of the loadout is insane. So much so that I just had to make up a word to describe it. But...

A WORD OF CAUTION!

This build will absolutely MELT mobs, but will not be nearly as effective against bosses. For that, you'll want to look into other loadouts, such as:

Primer - Acid Spitter

Detonator - Explosive Mortar

or

Primer - Firewall Mortar

Detonator - Heavy Cannon or   Detonator - Railgun

SPECIAL NOTE

The Colossus's melee is a detonator, too!

This means that you could, if you're so inclined, run with 2 primers and just use your melee to detonate! The options are plentiful with the Colossus. Go see for yourself!

Message 54 of 103 (249 Views)

★★ Novice
Colossus flame thrower + melee ground pound.
Message 55 of 103 (247 Views)

★★ Novice
Use your rb ability then your lb ability. Vice versa for different platforms. This order is always a combo with every character. Rangers melee weapon is a primer combine this with rangers rb ability to also recieve a combo. Frozen enemies and an explosive ability always ends with a combo!
Message 56 of 103 (236 Views)

★★★ Novice

Don't forget to craft and equip mission consumables! You can stack 3 combo bonuses (1 of each rarity) to really maximize your combo damage.

As a Colossus, don't forget your melee is a detonator, so running double-primer is totally viable. I like the flamethrower and flame wall mortar to cover the entire battlefield with glorious fire.

Message 57 of 103 (236 Views)

★★ Novice

Use your rb and then your lb this is always a combo different buttons for different platforms. Keep in mind that rangers melee is a primer so combine this with his rb to create a combo. Frozen enemies and rb is your best friend. Use storms to your advantage they are combo heaven and finally. Look at the abilities symbols different symbols correlate to a primer or a detonator! 

Message 58 of 103 (234 Views)

★ Novice
For the Colossus, you can run around with your shield up while still having lighting coil activated. Helps detonate combos while running/protecting yourself
Message 59 of 103 (218 Views)

★ Guide

Does anyone here have experience using Colossus flamethrower + lightning coil in grandmaster I?

I have masterwork flamethrower (+30% damage per kill, up to 150%), masterwork lightning coil (hitting 3 enemies causes bonus explosion), masterwork component (+35% fire and lightning damage), masterwork autocannon (+5% damage per hit up to 50%), and masterwork shotgun (+100% damage per reload, up to 200%), but my other 5 components and my support gear are epic. 

I'm getting wrecked, particularly in the Temple of Scar. I just don't have the survivability at close quarters as I did in Hard mode. I'm wondering about the viability of close quarters tactics in grandmaster. Maybe I need a masterwork structural reinforcement? 

Message 60 of 103 (208 Views)
Twitter Stream