Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I Love my Colosus, the group combo value rises through the roof with it.

My favorit in CQC:

Flamethower into a melee hit

Firewall Mortar into a melee hit 

Favorit Mass AOE:

Flamethrower and trigger with Lightnign Coil

My favorit allrounder:

Firewall Mortar and trigger it with Railgun or Melee (depending on the situation)

Message 11 of 103 (892 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I call my playstyle with the Colossus “I AM the detonator”. As you might guess from the name, I like to run two primers. I suggest using different elements, in case you run up against an enemy resistant to a particular damage type and so you can prime with two different elements.

I am currently using firewall mortar and acid spitter. One thing to realize about primers is that the status statistic is really important. As much fun as flamethrower is, I prefer firewall mortar because it has a much higher fire status. Tougher enemies are much harder to prime (even after their shield is down), but a skill like firewall mortar will prime them much faster than a skill like flamethrower.

Once an enemy is primed, it’s melee time. You can sprint into them with the shield raised, do a melee attack with the shield, or use your regular aoe melee.

Remember that once a combo is detonated, you can’t prime with the same element again until the effect wears off.

Message 12 of 103 (886 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Using Vessa's Arc as a Colossus is a nice way to get killer combos.  Get them lit up with a flame wall pop Vessas arc.  Then watch those combo's fly..   FYI ….Don't forget to keep your shield up :P 

Message 13 of 103 (884 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm at the beginning of my Freelancer career and my favourite Javelin is Interceptor. And I love to play with my own terms in the Freeplay. Regarding Combos, you can pretty much melt the enemies and without any high level gear and it's pretty simple and straight forward and self-sustainable.

Pick up a Venom Bomb (a primer - notice the circle icon on the screenshot) and thats it Standard smileVenom Bomb anthem.png

Toss the Venom Bomb towards enemies and engage them with your Melee aka 'Bladed Daggers' (which works as a detonator launching the combo). You will hear a cool sound and see "Combo!" text on your screen: Get under the enemy skin and they just melt away.

Interceptor has a Combo Effect Aura where enemies near you gain the elemental effect overtime. The aura is activated automatically every time you hit a combo. And with that you can for example attack other enemies when the main target is down. So keep your eyes pealed on the left side of your HUD regarding the "Aura - Acid" icon and timer:

aura acid.jpg

The whole clip (higher quality) can be found in here:

https://imgur.com/frJ4CzZ

At some point you will get your hands on Interceptor Combo Agument - feel free to try it out Standard smileinterceptor combo agument.png

When you level up and get accustomed to the game, start detonating stuff with Spark Dash, Tempest Strike, and with Assassin's Blade (your ultimate skill) -- when ever you see an enemy on affected by a status effect, either made by you, or by your fellow Freelancers -- and melt the enemies away.

Move, dodge, retreat, hit-and-run and attack Standard smile

Message 14 of 103 (884 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
For the Storm, try using Frost Shards as a primer with Lightning Strike as a detonator. The Frost Shards refresh quickly and can almost be fired continuously at higher levels. They will freeze unshielded targets quickly. Follow that with a Lightning Strike for the Combo and watch the freeze effect spread to nearby enemies. This makes for a great crowd control combination.
Message 15 of 103 (867 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

right now with people just spamming at them every chance you get its an excersise in frustration and getting killed, nothing like colllusus leaping into a horde with a primed mob set up only to have the ranger dive in and pop it stopping you killing the back and getting swarmed. or thinking you have something CC'd with frost only to have some newb melt it and kill you.

Message 16 of 103 (860 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

So far my best combo setup is to use :

• Voltaic Dome (Shock Coil): Freezes enemies as it deals damage

And then Melee to trigger it.

Example Video

Message 17 of 103 (855 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Communication + Teamwork = Best Combo
Message 18 of 103 (841 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@EA_Alexandererrm, how to make a screenshot? Wink

Message 19 of 103 (822 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I agree with your playstyle! Firewall, flamethrower and railgun are my favorite skills gamewide. I was intending to main an interceptor, but it’s just lacking in almost every department outside movement abilities.

Message 20 of 103 (818 Views)
Twitter Stream