Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Combo Strategies – Get a Colossus forum badge

★★★★★ Newbie

This isn’t technically a combo, but something I find very fun is to use my Storm’s Ice Storm ability on multiple small to medium enemies to freeze them. Then, my Collosus partner will take out his shield and just charge right through all of them and take them out. Very, very, entertaining to watch as I am just hovering in the air above it all. Ultimate teamwork XD

Message 91 of 103 (256 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have mainly been playing a Ranger and i have been really enjoying it. 

I run a combo build on my ranger and it pulls off some nice damage and is great for taking out priority targets.

I currently run,

• Seeking Missile

Recurring Vengeance: Upgraded Seeking Missile - Combo Effect: Impact. After defeating an enemy, regain 100% charge. Can occur once every 7.5 seconds.

• Frost Grenade

Cold Blooded: Upgraded Frost Grenade: Freezes target in place. Winter's Strength: Applying the Ice effect to an enemy increases melee damage by 135% for 10 seconds.

This is great for freezing enemies in place and then hitting them hard with a seeker missile. The only problem is currently it appears recurring vengeance is bugged and is not resetting if the combo kills the enemy but i still find this combo works great and if you can get some +gear speed then the cool down time is very low. 

The Frost grenade also allows my teammates to land some great combos as well as keeping damage lower overall from enemies.

You can also run a Truth of Tarsis Sniper Rifle (Upgraded Devastator) and land some insane weak point Combos.

Message 92 of 103 (231 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Collosus Voltaic Coil (MW) + Best Defense + Melee Powah..... once you are hooked you never go back to somethin else Standard smile 

Message 93 of 103 (227 Views)

★ Pro

I like the frost grenade and the pulse blast. Since I can actually properly target with the pulse blast, a target that's frozen in place is easier to hit in the sweet spot for crazy damage. Even better when I have a muster point up and running. 

Message 94 of 103 (196 Views)

I agree with Maire.

While I was ranking up to Level 30, and doing the Campaign, Frost Grenade and Pulse Blast was very helpful and did a lot of damage, especially when you're trying to do the missions on Hard Mode to get more XP and better Loot while ranking up Wink

Now that I'm Level 30, I've switched it up a bit, but still find myself going back to that combination from time to time depending on the Mission/Stronghold I'm doing 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 95 of 103 (184 Views)

I also like the Frost Grenade / Pulse Blast Combo, (still not an a high level Embarrassed)

But I'm not sure if @JanePhoenix suggestion with the "Fist of the Mountain" is not better for the overall states.

We really need a states sheet... Angel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 96 of 103 (179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Colossus - Open up Lightning Coil and then let loose the Flamethrower!

It's one of the most satisfying forms of destruction!

Who doesn't love a good electrified flamethrower!

Message 97 of 103 (170 Views)

★ Apprentice
3.There is a limit to how often you can detonate a combo on the same enemy. Once someone detonates one, additional attempts will not result in more combos for a few seconds, even if the target still has elemental effects on it.

- Hmmm.. it seems to me that if I use Ice to prime and comboed it, then use another elemental type to prime it, i seem to be able to chain combo...
- Also, Storm has an inscription mod that allows 2 combo chain.. not sure what it means but if someone could shed some light on that it'll be great
Message 98 of 103 (173 Views)

★ Apprentice

I see a lot of players talking about Lightning coil and flame thrower for the colossus. In GM2, this combination seems to be too risky and most of the time got me killed in the process. 

MW Shocking coil that freezes and electrocute enemies and the MW Rail Gun is my go to now. You can swap the MW railgun with "Best DEfense" for the 35% instaHeal every 14secs.

So, Drop into the thick of battle, freezes everyone and do a ground slam.. KAPOW!! everything goes boom. then MW rail gun for those Heavy armored mobs.

Message 99 of 103 (165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
As a colossus player, you can be the king of combos. Having your standard melee trigger combos is outstanding. For solo, flamethrower! With friends, Bring a long range trigger, like the Railgun. Storm+Colossus = combo heaven. All your allies set up tons of Combos? bring the Tesla coils and merrily stroll amongst your foes and watch them all explode.
Message 100 of 103 (158 Views)
Twitter Stream