Combat Vet banned for 9/11 emblem BF1.

by Psychopski

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Combat Vet banned for 9/11 emblem BF1.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So after almost 10 years of having the same type Emblem in Medal of Honor Warfighter, BF4 and BF1, an emblem which commemorates those lost on 9/11 gets me banned for 7 days? See attachment for details on the ban. The process to review my ban could take up to 3 0 days. What a horrible system. 

FYI  “9/11” was often super imposed onto platoon patches and unit patches and the patch was worn on the combat uniform in order to honor those that were lost on 9-11 as well as to remind us why we fight. 

I made my first emblem utilizing Battlelog for MOH-WF then used EA’s “create your emblem” tools on the Battlefield companion for BF1. It’s a Jolly Roger flag with 9/11 at the center bottom and was quite similar to many of the patches my units wore while deployed. The reference being “take no prisoners” for those that would do evil upon innocents. 

Considering the fact that a vast majority of player created emblems, many created using the icons provided by EA, depicting guns, bombs, skulls, the grim reaper, knives, axes, daggers, and other tools of violence and death, I have to wonder why or how my 9/11 patch was deemed to be “inappropriate”.  

Did a player that I killed one too many times have all of his clan members report me and the system automatically banned me or are commemoratives to 9/11 now considered symbols of hate??? 

Considering the fact that BF games are all about war, violence, tragedy, terror and death, the guidelines for emblems would actually ban a vast majority of exiting players because of their emblems. These ill conceived rules for emblems should also ban the actual Battlefield games outright because of the implied violence, terror and death that happens in the tragedy of war. These guidelines are rife for abuse via abusing the Emblem reporting system. 

There was no insidious ulterior motive for my emblem and the ban is absolutely absurd. 

Message 1 of 2 (229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Combat Vet banned for 9/11 emblem BF1.

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @Psychopski.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)

All Replies

Re: Combat Vet banned for 9/11 emblem BF1.

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @Psychopski.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)