Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Colossus shield + gear

by TheDarkrayne

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Yes, from my experience of seeing others play Colossus, they either die quickly or walk around with the shield up and die soon after lowering it. Colossus needs some love from BioWare... not to mention his armor rating is still bugged.
Message 11 of 46 (480 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
It seems you are playing on normal? On hard these enemies melt you very quickly, especially if you are running in their midst.
Message 12 of 46 (475 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@MiguelRissi wrote:
It seems you are playing on normal? On hard these enemies melt you very quickly, especially if you are running in their midst.

Sounds like you shouldn't be playing on hard.

Message 13 of 46 (456 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Likely have some stupid universal mods equipped.

Colossus is fine, people are playing it wrong.

So fed up of all this whining. If you can't handle the playstyle then it's not the Javelin for you.

Message 14 of 46 (456 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MjNaise wrote:

You know nothing... John Snow!

Colossus is the strongest of all javelins, but not easy to master. Most play him totally wrong.... The talk about the shield proves it.

With a full colossus crew we killed  the spiderqueen on hardmode before she couldn't even spawn her first addwave.... And we only had a powerlevel of 250 . now i'm close to 400 and she dies even faster with a colossus crew if everyone knows how to play him.

so your saying you cant do that with other javelins?

Message 15 of 46 (446 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@chaos777c I do just fine on hard, I’ve been playing on hard since the beginning. I just don’t understand how you can run in the middle of the enemies and no one shoots you...

Message 16 of 46 (445 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@TheDarkrayne No one is whining, on the contrary, just trying to help.
Message 17 of 46 (440 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@MiguelRissi wrote:
@TheDarkrayneNo one is whining, on the contrary, just trying to help.

I mean across the multiple topics on this, not this specific one.

Everyone needs to get to endgame and be properly geared before they start suggesting changes.

Message 18 of 46 (436 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@MiguelRissi wrote:

@chaos777cI do just fine on hard, I’ve been playing on hard since the beginning. I just don’t understand how you can run in the middle of the enemies and no one shoots you...

You don't just sit in the middle of them.  Your shield is out, so the shots hit the shield.  You run directly at them and charge them like a rhino.  They bounce off the shield and if you've been hitting them with flamethrower or the railgun, they'll start dying as you trample them.

Message 19 of 46 (433 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

If you’re going to land in the middle of a crowd of enemies, you’ll want to start staggering and killing them, not turtle behind your shield. Otherwise you’ll die in any javelin. The shield is extra buffer to block damage spikes. If they were going to let you use weapons and abilities from behind it, they might as well just give you a regular energy shield instead.

And yea, it plays much better if you unlock it last, when you have the slots for upgrades. If you unlock it at level 2 you’re probably going to have a bad time.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 20 of 46 (420 Views)
Twitter Stream