Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Colossus and Legendary Shotguns?

by ChiraaKitteh

Original Post

Highlighted

Colossus and Legendary Shotguns?

★★★★ Guide

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone else feel Shotguns and the Colossus have not much synergy? Radiant Fortress is a bit useless because it recharges Shields, and if you are using Radiant Fortress your Shields would be recharging anyway and it does not take long for the Shield to recharge by default.

I have not used Papa Pump with my Colossus ever since I got the Masterwork version, does its Special Ability have any use with the Colossus, how does one trigger one could you advise me.

Message 1 of 9 (472 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @Reposter 

No, I don’t think shotguns are particularly useful for a Colossus. Mainly because Sentinel‘s Vengeance is an excellent acid primer unavailable to other classes. So the Acid Sludges component won’t be beneficial. And as you already noted, the shield refresh from Radiant Fortress is only useful if your shield breaks frequently, so you can use it to soften some blows 😉

Papa Pump triggers upon reloading, but the generally low weapon damage is really not worth bothering with this.

Message 2 of 9 (434 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@DrBonifarz Yeah I thought so as well, I was thinking of Rolling Carnage, does it work with the Colossus? I never tried as well, I do not know how to get it to Proc.
Message 3 of 9 (410 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Aha, I see. So you did not mean Papa Pump in the first place. Technically, the big guy is incapable to dodge, so he won’t be able to trigger the Rolling Carnage perk.

Message 4 of 9 (390 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Reposter  I agree on the uselessness of shotties for the Colossus. I've seen little use for the Papa Pump on any JAV, this gun needs serious balancing love (IMHO).

Meanwhile: 

As Rad. Fortress returns shields this works well on the other Jav's (especially with Softened Blows)

Rolling Carnage 'seems' tailor made for the Ranger with the following component's;

Badge of Dev, insane for building Ultimate using that wonderful weapon.

Victors Resolve allows one trigger pull to activate the armor repair as it counts as a 2 hit-streak if this is not on cooldown.

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 9 (366 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@gortessoth Hopefully they are attempting to rebalance guns in general to be more useful. Still not likely to make EVERY gun useful for every javelin. And that’s OK.

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 6 of 9 (321 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@gortessoth wrote:

Rolling Carnage 'seems' tailor made for the Ranger with the following component's;

Victors Resolve allows one trigger pull to activate the armor repair as it counts as a 2 hit-streak if this is not on cooldown.

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes.

Inty Just stacks RC with one chain dash, and honestly from my experiences with it, RC tends be less practical for Badge of Devastation. It requires you to hit 8/10 pellets between the two shots, which unless you're very up close (where ranger really never want to be in most cases) you'll just enough to prevent you from getting the proc.

Radiant Fortress has a decent synergy with Soften Blows as you said, but also a pretty decent synergy with Token of Daring. If you can manage to roll an amazing Acid Slugs, it'd be a great option for Storm, who lacks access to a quick acid primer.

Papa Pump, despite its perk is just lackluster overall. The additional force can actually make it harder to land follow up shots. Technically the best use it'd have is combo'd with Colossus's Shield bash, which would stagger them, and letting you get a shot or two in before they recover.

Just a person out to help in communities I am part of, where possible.
An aspiring Game Designer that loves digging into the mechanics of a game, regardless of genre. Prefer RPGs, FPS and similar styles of game.

I do not work for EA, all opinions and statements are my own.
Message 7 of 9 (314 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@RubyJavelin wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes.

Inty Just stacks RC with one chain dash, and honestly from my experiences with it, RC tends be less practical for Badge of Devastation. It requires you to hit 8/10 pellets between the two shots, which unless you're very up close (where ranger really never want to be in most cases) you'll just enough to prevent you from getting the proc.

Radiant Fortress has a decent synergy with Soften Blows as you said, but also a pretty decent synergy with Token of Daring. If you can manage to roll an amazing Acid Slugs, it'd be a great option for Storm, who lacks access to a quick acid primer

Papa Pump, despite its perk is just lackluster overall. The additional force can actually make it harder to land follow up shots. Technically the best use it'd have is combo'd with Colossus's Shield bash, which would stagger them, and letting you get a shot or two in before they recover.

@RubyJavelin  Yes, RC does require you to be close to get the hits in, the Papa Pump is the same.

As for not taking Rangers in close...guess we play our Rangers differently as I love an in your face build for them, and RC works like a charm for BoD, Vic's Resolve as well as Elem. Op's with that playstyle. I only think about taking a Radiant on a ranged build given the 'hold to tighten' mechanic, otherwise the shotties stay in the locker.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 8 of 9 (268 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@gortessoth wrote:
Yes, RC does require you to be close to get the hits in, the Papa Pump is the same.

As for not taking Rangers in close...guess we play our Rangers differently as I love an in your face build for them, and RC works like a charm for BoD, Vic's Resolve as well as Elem. Op's with that playstyle. I only think about taking a Radiant on a ranged build given the 'hold to tighten' mechanic, otherwise the shotties stay in the locker.

I generally run Vassa's Surprise. Tends to activate both perks faster and with a much faster reload. SO I get fairly close, just not shotgun close.

The shotguns.. just kind of need work. Despite paper numbers suggesting that RC is one of the strongest weapons, it just falls short in a lot of regards.

Just a person out to help in communities I am part of, where possible.
An aspiring Game Designer that loves digging into the mechanics of a game, regardless of genre. Prefer RPGs, FPS and similar styles of game.

I do not work for EA, all opinions and statements are my own.
Message 9 of 9 (230 Views)
Twitter Stream