Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Colossus Shield?

by Solkard

Original Post

Highlighted

Colossus Shield?

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is just my opinion.

1. Colossus should have a dodge, like a thruster dodge.

2. Colossus should always have his shield out unless it's destroyed. Melee with shield unless it's down and you punch. Shield should have a gun port and a window.

3. Colossus shield should regen durability while it is out and not being shot. It's already a pain you have to pull it out every time you attack, but you also have to put it up to repair. To me it feels         like half the buttons you push in combat is pulling out your shield.

The shield game play slows down game play of a Javelin that is already slow enough.

Message 1 of 40 (1,610 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I think the proirity problem is shield gameplay rework. Colossus removes it every time he does any action. I understand about guns - they are two-handed. But you hold the shield in the left arm and have assault laucher on your right arm. How can the shield interfere it? Or how can it interfere the mortars on your back? You cant activate support ability with raised shield or ever repair damaged javelins and being covered.

Message 2 of 40 (1,593 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

I think the proirity problem is shield gameplay rework. Colossus removes it every time he does any action. I understand about guns - they are two-handed. But you hold the shield in the left arm and have assault laucher on your right arm. How can the shield interfere it? Or how can it interfere the mortars on your back? You cant activate support ability with raised shield or ever repair damaged javelins and being covered.

I'm guessing the weight would come into play.

It would probably just fall on its * with all the weight forward of the shield and heavy weapons/recoil Standard smile

Message 3 of 40 (1,589 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@SquishyDerpy    It doesnt sound convincing. For example, when Colossus holds his two-handed gun, on his front he has the weight if that gun + the weight of assault launcher on his right arm. Looks already heavier when he holds only the shield.

Its not the problem of logic. Its just imperfect concept that needs more convinience.

Message 4 of 40 (1,582 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

@SquishyDerpy    It doesnt sound convincing. For example, when Colossus holds his two-handed gun, on his front he has the weight if that gun + the weight of assault launcher on his right arm. Looks already heavier when he holds only the shield.

Its not the problem of logic. Its just imperfect concept that needs more convinience.

Meh, maybe Standard smile

I like it as it is personally Standard smile.

Message 5 of 40 (1,578 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I would like it to be able to use its arm mounted weapons and abilities while the shield is deployed, as well as being able to revive others while the shield is deployed. That should balance its issue of staying engaged while maintaining its defensive profile.

Other than that, I would also like to see the limit of its base hp regen increased, so that in longer boss fights, where there aren't a constant flow of trash mobs spawning in to drop health, the Colossus doesn't just become completely inoperable. I don't know how many fights will be like that in the final release, but it seems like a major flaw that the only means of is to have mobs around to milk for healing. I think in the absence of healing drops, it should be able to maintain at least the engagement time as the other suits that have a passive shield to trade fire with.

Message 6 of 40 (1,558 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Mmm, I thought that way also...until you realize what Colossus is. Colossus is not meant to be a tank actually. I tried to play him that way, rush in and take a beating while my teammates heal and kill. However, there is one issue, there is no 'healer'. Your job really is crowd control followed by single damage with your Ultimate. I had Lightning Coil and Flamethrower going and the combos were insane, you'd melt groups and BAM Ultimate time for the boss or yellow bar enemies. The entire time you need to be picking up health while you move around, your shield is really just a 'oh crap moment' type of thing.
Message 7 of 40 (1,544 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
In an Anthem video, the colossus is holding his shield out while firing a weapon. Why can't ours?
Message 8 of 40 (1,517 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Agreed. Lightning coil shouldn't be the only thing you can do while shield is up
Message 9 of 40 (1,502 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I think the current Colossus would disappoint Helena Tarsis.
Message 10 of 40 (1,487 Views)
Twitter Stream