Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Colossus Newbie Guide

by Xyn-RG

Original Post

Colossus Newbie Guide

★ Apprentice

Hi guys! Just a disclaimer, I am not a professional guide-maker. I'm actually a newbie at it. I just wanted to share my experiences with other players who are interested in playing the Colossus javelin.

I was struggling in making this guide, because I wanted to play more instead of editing lol.

I hope this would be helpful to people. 

Thanks! 

LINK TO GUIDE:

https://youtu.be/sgUrjSYj2RE

COLOSSUS NEWBIE GUIDE.png

Message 1 of 14 (739 Views)

Re: Colossus Newbie Guide

★★ Guide

Watched it without sound because i'm at work....

But everything you wrote is correct and explained very well. Couldn't have done it better myself.

You play colossus very similar like me... Except i prefer the shield buff over the battlecry in GM2+ because it increases the survivability of the entire team if they stick together.

Message 2 of 14 (717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

nice one, I like it and it seems fairly similar to how understand the Colossus. Only thing I don't agree on is the choice of music :P J/K it's a matter of taste, but the combat wombat just begs for heavy metal Wink

Message 3 of 14 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MjNaise 

Yeah I prefer the shield buff as well in GM+. I rarely want to taunt there lol except for maybe, helping rez someone. But yeah I seem to get more usage out of Shield Pulse over Battle Cry in GM+ stuff.

Message 4 of 14 (691 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Sektmelone 

Haha dude I'm a metalhead as well. It's just hard to find royalty free metal stuff that I actually like. I mea, I don't wanna get in trouble or anything lol And the music I have in the vid are tegally free to use, and it's what I have at the time of editing. Do you happen to know some royalty/license free metal music that are usable for anyone? Would appreciate it!

Message 5 of 14 (691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Xyn-RG sadly I don't know any as I have never bothered to check, but I can fully understand the sentiment. still love the video! Colossi unite!

Message 6 of 14 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Maybe this thread should get moved into the javelin section instead of general discussions.

Btw... In GM masterworks are a huge gamechanger depending on what you get.

I for example am running a great synergy:

One increases meleedamage and gives extra explosiondamage on a leap.

The other one heals me for 20% each single enemy that got killed with melee.

Onehitting trahsmobs right now in GM1 and elite with a firewall+leap combo Standard smile

Just feels like faceroll hardmode all over again instead of early GM struggle 😜

Here a prime example for gamechange... my first legendary:

wow.jpg

English:

Hitting 2 targets increases your entire damage 20seconds for 35%

+ 25% damage

+ 45% speed

+ 25% gatheringbonus

+ 125% elemental damage

Message 7 of 14 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Great video man. Going to swap up my build to include the firewall with railgun. One thing you didn't cover was shield bashing. You can effectively smash an enemy with your shield constantly to lock them down as long as they aren't a large enemy type. I can do about 2 shield bashes per second on ground targets. It's not the easiest thing to do but once you get the timing down it's not too difficult. Of course to make this work you need to equip the mod to increase shield bash by 300%.

Edit: shield bash spam is up + shift then let go as fast as you can manage.

Message 8 of 14 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Went in not expecting much but it's actually a good video. No overdone effects and pretty concise with the information. Good job.
Message 9 of 14 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MjNaise 

I posted this there too, but the place seems empty lol

EDIT: Oh and yeah, gm1 is getting faceroll now with all the MWs. I have that explosion when you land too, pretty fun to use even in grandmaster+ if u ask me lol

Message 10 of 14 (605 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help