Re: Coined a new Term....

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Coined a new Term....

★★★ Apprentice

Got done playing few a matches and was complaining to my son about this one match. How I get in these ones to were people are just running and running and running chasing that l00t! He called them "Loot Gobblins", because they run around looking for the good loot and then die as soon as they get in to a skirmish! And yes Gobblins is spelled the way I intended it to be Gobbin, like gobbling up the food like it's Thanksgiving Diner! Not Goblin like the Green Goblin from Spiderman!

Message 1 of 7 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sulphurix_LXXIII don't mind the ones who run around looting so much. Everyone has a different way to play the game, I try and adapt my play towards their style. If they want to play aggressive I'll try and keep up. But there are times I won't push everything (typically I'm really low on ammo or heals).

If they don't want to play aggressively I'm cool with rotating and looting as we go. I would rather not put them into a position they can't handle. Then force them into a hot situation in which we will most certainly die.

The ones that bug me a bit are the people who steal loot from death boxes. I play by the revive, heal, loot. Kind of bothers me when I clutch a 1vs2 or 1vs3, revive the downed teammate and they run straight for the death boxes swiping everything good, while I either heal or revive our third.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (282 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Sulphurix_LXXII Haha. I call them loot goblins too/that's what the Reddit community does. They will go to the farthest corner of the map, loot till 5 squads left, and then go deliver that juicy loot to the enemy. Rinse and repeat. Typically players like that have no desire to improve. Looting is fine up to an extent, but beyond that it's repulsive.

Here is what I do when I come across loot goblins. I don't go with them but I also do not hot drop. I pick a spot near the hot dropping players, gather minimal loot, and then try to take shots at the enemies. Sometimes they join you, mostly they keep looting usually. I die, I leave. They die, I let their banner rot. No point in wasting my time with players like that. That's the only time I solo drop.
Message 3 of 7 (260 Views)

★ Expert
@Sulphurix_LXXII God I hate those players especially those that steal from loot bins you just opened.
Message 4 of 7 (255 Views)

Champion
@Sulphurix_LXXII Been calling them that for ages..
Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OMG! From Teammate's death boxes, oh yes that bugs me too!

Message 6 of 7 (235 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Sulphurix_LXXII Lol I absolutely hate these players, usually it is Octanes that speed boost to bins, take loot out of bins and just have simply no etiquette...

They are usually the type of players that when they go down will either leave straight away and ping and ping and ping...
Message 7 of 7 (215 Views)