Clubs Being Centered on Data Centers is WRONG

by hayhor

Original Post

Clubs Being Centered on Data Centers is WRONG

Champion

Why would you do this respawn? I play this game everyday. Many times with people from different data centers. Lots of people do this.

Warzone doesnt do this with clans and I have yet to see a negative impact in it.

This feels like Wreckfest when it first came out. To play with my friend in the UK I had to make a UK account. It was ridiculous and they fixed it very quickly.

On here I could just switch data centers to see the others clan I guess? But why should I even have to do that.

Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)

Re: Clubs Being Centered on Data Centers is WRONG

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorIt feels wrong but to look at it from a technological side it makes sense. Yes, the world nowadays is interconnected. Most ppl likely have 1 or more acquaintances or friends in other continents they talk to. With gaming however it’s different.

Speaking with other continentals (wth? I just made up that word but it didn’t give me grammatical error?! xD that word actually exists? Gonna look up what it means after I finished this up) is no biggie as you dont expect replies needing to come between 20-150ms. But for gaming those ms matter to ppl. Thats why most ppl stick to own servers.

Respawn knows that people try different centres to see how well they are, but also know the further you go, the more time data needs to cross & get back. I believe this is why they did what they did.

In Europe, most servers are near eachother and dont even cross 30ms if you transfer between them. But looking at US and thats a whole other picture.

Though, it would’ve been better to do it by (sub-)region imo as that would allow a greater search result with minimal hassle. Like West Europe, East Europe, West US, East US and so forth. Maybe they tried this but ran into some hiccups or whatever...

Maybe they’ll change it tho, who knows

[EDIT] looked up continental... not at all what I meant... xD

Message 2 of 5 (311 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q You wont convince me it is the right thing no matter what evidence is shown. I have hundreds of hours playing on other servers vs my own. When I get lag and bad connections it is usually that game related. Does higher ping make things slightly worse? Sure it does but let me decide if it is too bad or not.
Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Slight lag makes things A LOT worse
Message 4 of 5 (265 Views)

Champion
@maximas1986 I played tonight on in game 135 ping without issue. Let me choose whether I can or cannot be in a club on that ping.
Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)