★★★★★ Expert

@INSIDER_NL wrote:
@CyberDyme
That's only for the open beta not for the closed beta

so that's not the answer lol

I am sorry @INSIDER_NL ,

But that is not correct.  

The open Beta is exactly that.  OPEN.

And there is not a preregistration required to the Open Beta.  And the Open Beta is not depending on or linked to the Community Playtesting environment that I kindly tried and guide you to..  Dont know if you really understand what the Playtesting environment is, looking at your misplaced reaction.

It is the closed testing environment.  Only for 'few' select screened individuals.  And yes, you are under individual signed NDAs to get there.

Instead the Open Beta opens to the grand public, where EA allows pre-loading of the game to your platform.  You will typically get this offered if you subscribe to either EA Access, Origin Access, Origin Access Premier, or pre-order the BF2042 in either the Gold or Ultimate Edition.   And you have no NDA to get there.  The planned open beta for Battlefield 2042 will not be platform-specific.  So it means that PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players can all get in on the action early. 

Before this open beta we will have separate tech tests apart from the initial beta. This is all pre-launch to ensure that on day 1 for the public everything will run as smoothly as possible.  These technical tests, however, is expected here in July. It won't be like previous closed testing for BF.  It will be done in a closed setting in what is called "a grey box environment."  So like closed environments for a specific purpose with a specific setup.  So nothing like ordinary gameplay and no fancy graphics etc of environments.  For anyone being invited to take part in this testing period, there is a strict NDA attached.

The only people who will be performing the technical tests will be trusted members of the Battlefield community. They all will be under signed NDAs.  Nothing from this will come out.

After this technical test period, then we get into the Battlefield 2042 closed beta testing of of the game. Again here, only select veterans of Battlefield will be the only ones invited to play this beta. Sometime afterwards, though, the beta will be opened for more people to play the game in this more advanced environment.  So suggest you sign up if you want any chance at all to be invited in.  Or you can keep LOLLING around till it opens up for the Open Beta for everybody on October 15th, 2021.  ;o)

Message 22 of 26 (332 Views)

Re: Closed Beta NDA players

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@CyberDymeSorry when I’m wrong that was not my intention. But at the start of BFV I got invitations a for the Closed Alpha testing and just later on the invitation for the open Beta. But perhaps it’s different now.

Message 23 of 26 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@INSIDER_NL wrote:

@CyberDymeSorry when I’m wrong that was not my intention. But at the start of BFV I got invitations a for the Closed Alpha testing and just later on the invitation for the open Beta. But perhaps it’s different now.

All good @INSIDER_NL ,

Its certainly different this time around versus previous BF developments and with more stages, each with a select audience and purpose.

Not helpful either, as EA have been a bit causal with announcements and the terminology used.  Aka, in chronologic order we have pre-alpha, alpha, closed tech testing, grey box testing, early closed beta, closed beta and then the open beta... 

Message 24 of 26 (313 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's basically going to be Youtubers / Streamers first. The whole "Game Changers" thing is just a code name for "Influencers"...I wouldn't get your hopes up. 

Message 25 of 26 (277 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,

If you are looking for an opportunity to playtest Battlefield or other EA titles, then I recommend you sign up on our EA Playtesting website -- you can do so, here.

Keep in mind that we can never guarantee playtesting access, even if you sign up to express your interest.

I also recommend to read the EA Playtesting FAQ if you want to learn more.

Message 26 of 26 (258 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help