Re: Close Origin on Exit Instead of Minimizing to System Tray

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Close Origin on Exit Instead of Minimizing to System Tray

★★★ Novice

Is there any way of having Origin close completely rather than minimizing to the system tray when I click 'X' in the top-right corner? I can't find an option to turn this setting off and this behavior is infuriating. Every other application I've seen that does this provides a clear option to close the application completely, rather than minimizing.

If it turns out that there is no option for this, I will likely end up having to set a macro to kill Origin through the Windows Task Manager, which I'd prefer not to have to do.

Message 1 of 20 (18,485 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Khymori The easiest way to close Origin fully when done is by clicking on Origin in the top left of the window and in the drop-down menu select "Exit". 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (18,394 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Khymori The easiest way to close Origin fully when done is by clicking on Origin in the top left of the window and in the drop-down menu select "Exit". 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 20 (18,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also want to know how to PREVENT Origin from running in the system tray when closed.  I don't want to have to use a menu to close the app in a non-standard fashion.

Where is the setting to have Origin close completely instead of going to the system tray when clicking the Windows exit icon on the top right?

Message 3 of 20 (18,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Would it really be that big of a problem to not have this abomination of a game launcher be open for that much longer?

Message 4 of 20 (17,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, it would. Who gives a crap why he wants it closed, there should be no reason NOT to have that as an option. 

Message 5 of 20 (16,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I completely agree, all other clients like Blizzard, Uplay, Bethesda, Rockstar, Epic and even GOG has the feature to close on exit, instead of sending to system tray.

This option is considered amongst many to be a quite standard option! - And it shold be!

Steam previously had the option, but they removed it aswell.. just stupid!

I have 8 game clients similar to origin installed, besides that i have discord, skype, twitch, teamviewer, geforce experience, G-hub, steelseries engine, hue sync, blender, ccleaner, malwarebytes, avast, spotify, emclient, assistantcomputercontrol and several other applications that would like to run in the bagground, if i let them all, even though high-end, it would effekt the performance of my pc. - And even let me pay a little extra in electricity.

Message 6 of 20 (16,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just add the option to close EA, jesus christ...

Message 7 of 20 (15,393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It's basically just rude behaviour keeping your program open when you have closed it after pressing the X. I'm pretty sure most people don't realise this is happening. What is it doing, lurking in the background?! Close means Close.
Message 8 of 20 (14,328 Views)

★ Novice

there is literally an option for it in the 720p (max resolution) menus and it doesnt do anything. it's 2021, and a triple a publisher cant get their * together enough to publish an app with features that work.

side note, why is the settings menu in 720p? again, its 2021. countless app updates later that seemingly change nothing and the same issues are still around that have been around since at least the start of this thread? sorry for necro

Message 9 of 20 (11,517 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, but that is what the "X" is SUPPOSED to be for - why do you have to make it harder unnecessarily?

^$!&#* at least give us the OPTION to choose that behavior, if you don't set it that way by default!!!

Message 10 of 20 (9,943 Views)