Client Password Doesn't Work

by TheZeeDoctor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Client Password Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried to sign into origin to play some Titanfall 2 and when I went to sign in my password I have always used seemed to not work. I thought, hmm that's weird and as most people would assume, maybe I mistyped it. I attempted more times and it still seemed to not work. I went to reset my password, and I tried it again with the new password, no cigar. I reset my password twice more and attempted twice more and still no success. I wanted to just see "oh what the hell i'll try it on the website" and sure it enough first try it works. Now I am here to ask for help from people maybe if someone else has been in this situation.

Things I have tried: 

Resetting Password

Restarting Computer

Restarting the Client

Summary:
Password ONLY WORKS on the website, when used on the CLIENT it says "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password"

Message 1 of 7 (484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Client Password Doesn't Work

★★★ Newbie

Apparently the account I am talking to you with now is a new one now? Just read my explanation because maybe some others might have this issue

Alright well this is very weird, so my email for this account happened to be apparently 2 of my emails. When I asked for a password reset I typed 2 of my emails because I couldn't remember which one hosted the account. I just checked one email first for a password and I had a password reset email in the first email, and I continued through the steps through with this one. However, what I didn't know is that every time I reset, it sent an email to both this one AND the other email. The first email ended up turning into a new account (this one) and the other was the correct one. God this is just a Charlie foxtrot. And this all started because my password "expired" anyway to summarize

Summary: When I used the "Forgot Password" feature it sent the reset to 2 different emails and one of them was the correct one when another turned into a new account so I thought that I lost my original account.

Thanks for helping and the Reinstall obviously didn't do anything.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (459 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hi @TheZeeDoctor

Have you tried updating or reinstalling the client?
Message 2 of 7 (475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'll try it right now

I doubt it will work but I'll let you know after, thanks for replying, was hoping this wasn't gonna be like Oculus's Forms where my form doesn't get a reply for like 4 days

Message 3 of 7 (473 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@TheZeeDoctor Lol nah this is pretty active but as it's a community forum we can't do a lot account wise, we can only guide.
Message 4 of 7 (468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apparently the account I am talking to you with now is a new one now? Just read my explanation because maybe some others might have this issue

Alright well this is very weird, so my email for this account happened to be apparently 2 of my emails. When I asked for a password reset I typed 2 of my emails because I couldn't remember which one hosted the account. I just checked one email first for a password and I had a password reset email in the first email, and I continued through the steps through with this one. However, what I didn't know is that every time I reset, it sent an email to both this one AND the other email. The first email ended up turning into a new account (this one) and the other was the correct one. God this is just a Charlie foxtrot. And this all started because my password "expired" anyway to summarize

Summary: When I used the "Forgot Password" feature it sent the reset to 2 different emails and one of them was the correct one when another turned into a new account so I thought that I lost my original account.

Thanks for helping and the Reinstall obviously didn't do anything.

Message 5 of 7 (460 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@TheZeeDoctor Ah I see, well i'm glad you managed to sort it bud Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (451 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @TheZeeDoctor.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (317 Views)