Re: Clickbait or not?

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Clickbait or not?

★ Expert

They said the PvZ franchise will continue but really didn't mention FPS line versus their other garbage so I'm still not convinced Garden Warfare 3 or God forbid BFN 2 will come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPol9kaWTxg

Message 1 of 8 (610 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro
@Gormey Mobile development is still continuing I guess. Console development, I guess we'll have to wait for a reboot of the GW series.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (602 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@Gormey Mobile development is still continuing I guess. Console development, I guess we'll have to wait for a reboot of the GW series.
Message 2 of 8 (603 Views)

Champion

It is very good to know that at least the franchise will be continuing. Hopefully another shooter - there is a proper chance now - but I know for a fact it is not a good time to get too overhyped about it. Good to know that maybe I have a better reason to complete the guides I plan on doing now, and hopefully guides for a future shooter.

Message 3 of 8 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I saw that video last night too, and commented about the shooters on it as well. I'm glad that after their unhappiness with BfN and PvZ3's soft launch hasn't killed the series outright, but I wish they had specifically mentioned the shooters. We need a new one!

Message 4 of 8 (544 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Gormey As others said, they seem to be excluding the shooters in the Q&A, as it is only about PopCap Seattle. I think the shooter franchise will be dormant for (at least) this generation of consoles. Hopefully some studio will embark on a journey to revive this beloved franchise in the future.

As I said before, I would wish for a merge of BfN and GW to be the sequel. I would call it "PvZ GW3: Save Neighborville". The zombies would have taken over Neighborville like in GW2, because Iceburg Lettuce was captured by them. Your first mission would be to save Iceburg Lettuce and level out the fight. The map would then be in the same state as in BfN and you would unlock the character in both GW3 and BfN.
Message 5 of 8 (533 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Even more mobile PvZ Games like that PvZ Adventure one sounds cool and would still satisfy me (I am simply glad that the franchise is continuing and all that).
Message 6 of 8 (503 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I actually like PvZ 3 (weird, I know). Since the last time the majority has seen it the graphics improved a lot. I think a 3D art style can be very nice. The only problem was they initially used very low quality models. I also think people could spend money on the game already and now it will be taken down on Nov 18.

They should release it and rebrand it as PvZ Adventures 2 or PvZ Towns. If they don't release it, there won't be a PvZ game with active content support for years. (I don't con't PvZ 2, it hasn't gotten new worlds since 2016 and only gets Penny's Pursuit levels and "new" plants)

They should also release the dungeon crawler/ RPG game and work on a new shooter.
Message 7 of 8 (480 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I love the original PvZ. It sets the stage for all the other games, the comics, and so on. It's still fun to play and I love it's take on tower defense.

PvZ2 is good but they heavily monetized it, and then I had account issues and the battle mode got tiresome to keep up with so I haven't played in awhile. I also wish we had all the other eras like the Chinese version, there's so many zombies and plants in this game!

PvZ Heroes was really fun and I played it a ton at first. But I was unable to get those red packs and the single player mode got really obnoxious so I stopped playing it as well. When they had announced working on what became BfN, I was wondering if we'd move to a more hero based game and instead of Sunflower and Foot Soldier we'd play Solar Flare and Rust Bolt. It hasn't had new stuff in awhile but the core game is fun and it reminds of Magic: The Gathering (which I used to play a lot) with the beloved PvZ IP. 

The shooters are my favorites though, especially GW2. This is why I keep posting about and playing them; I want a new one that deals with the issues all 3 games have (all 3 have issues of one sort or another), and uses their best ideas to craft something that brings back all those we've known over the years but left for various reasons, mostly BfN as we've seen, and brings more people to the series as well but without losing sight of why GW2 did so well for so long (and again last night I was able to get a full 12v12 TT portal while questing in GW2), not over-monetize it, and make it crossplay to boot! More and more games are going crossplay and for an online multiplayer game that requires lots of people, it's almost a necessity in today's game space.

Message 8 of 8 (477 Views)