Click of a finger, game impossible

by joeteds

Original Post

Click of a finger, game impossible

★ Novice

Evening all

So Ive just got a second ps4 so i can play online in the same squad as my boy and had to create a new account and start from scratch.This was 2 nights ago and I was absolutely amazing at Apex to begin with.Ive been playing for ages on my other ps4 and was at best an average player.For the last 2 nights though on the new ps4 I've been winning entire games on my own and wiping the floor with everyone, getting between 10 and 12 kills every game.All of a sudden in the space of 2 games I am absolutely toilet.Everyone is getting loot before me, Im lucky if i can grab 2 kills per game and Im just absolute *.Its like Im playing with cheating Gods all of a sudden, Im that bad.Is there a match making thing thats just kicked with the click of a finger or something? Theres no way that Ive just become that bad or everyone else has become that amazing.Literally everyone is impossible to beat in a gun fight, I wasn't even having this much trouble before I got the new PS4 two nights ago. 

Message 1 of 7 (380 Views)

Re: Click of a finger, game impossible

★★★★ Pro

@joeteds  You probably raised up in rankings thus placing you with people on the same level if not better.

Message 2 of 7 (377 Views)

★ Novice

Definitely not the same level Large smile

Message 3 of 7 (364 Views)

★★★ Expert

@joeteds wrote:

Definitely not the same level Large smile

Now that you mention it, i've noticed that I frequently slay hard in non-ranked games (10 to 15 kills) when i que solo as a Diamond ranked player (from last season) but when i play with my friend who's sick (he has 4k and 20 badges) I seem to get destroyed a lot.

Kinda made it seem like i'm consistently facing much better players in non ranked when I que with him.

Message 4 of 7 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@joeteds First 1-20 rank, you're paired with noobs, who just create account and try to figure out things for first time, easy peasy.

After rank 20 or above, they will pair you with more advance players, this is wild west match making, you could meet predator who hungry for new kid on the block, like YOU !

Message 5 of 7 (271 Views)

★ Novice

@asukojo wrote:

@joeteds First 1-20 rank, you're paired with noobs, who just create account and try to figure out things for first time, easy peasy.

After rank 20 or above, they will pair you with more advance players, this is wild west match making, you could meet predator who hungry for new kid on the block, like YOU !

Oh ok thanks mate. The sad thing is I’m not a new kid on the block, I’ve been playing since the beginning but I’m just useless LOL. I think I might just start a new account every few days to make myself feel better. 

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)

Champion

@joeteds  whomping on newbs will just set in place any habits you currently have. Tactics that work on newbs rarely work on vets. Tongue out

The tougher the opposition the more you learn.  :D

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (233 Views)