Re: Classic Need For Speed titles for Origin???

by PunchesXbabieS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Classic Need For Speed titles for Origin???

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I swear if you put those on Origin I will purchase every single one of them.

NFS High Stakes (NFS 3 is not needed cuz HS is basically NFS 3.5)

NFS Porsche

NFS Hot Pursuit 2

You don't need to remaster them.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS put the original game files on the Origin for people to purchase and download like you did to BF 1942!

THAT'S IT!!! Shouldn't be too hard, yeah?

I'm sure people would appreciate classic titles on Origin.

I'm so sick of looking for my old scratched NFS HS CDs and Daemon Tools. Please, EA, make it happen.

Message 1 of 16 (1,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @IronSightNoScope, I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (1,377 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @IronSightNoScope, I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,378 Views)

★★ Guide

@IronSightNoScope

Hey,

Love the idea, but, they would need to change some files to run on newer OS.

So, sorry to break to you, but it will require some work, so, if it happens (and i hope it does) it might take a while.

Message 3 of 16 (1,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've run HS and Porsche on Win 7 64 bit without any issue.

Probably would still be fine on Win 10 64 bit.

Message 4 of 16 (1,299 Views)

★★ Guide

@IronSightNoScope

Running older game son windows 7 is easier than on windows 10. Windows 7 if the games wouldnt start, you could delete a system update and it would fix the issue (I did it and it worked).

On windows 10 is a bit different, as "safe disk" was removed (correct me if wrong), most of older games would need a non-cd .exe file to run. You can still install them via cd but not start it up.

I know that Origin uses non-cd .exe files in their games now, but to make a based .exe file on a older .exe that weas made to run on older windows might take a while.

Best,

L

Message 5 of 16 (1,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Lunelli_98 wrote:

@IronSightNoScope

Running older game son windows 7 is easier than on windows 10. Windows 7 if the games wouldnt start, you could delete a system update and it would fix the issue (I did it and it worked).

On windows 10 is a bit different, as "safe disk" was removed (correct me if wrong), most of older games would need a non-cd .exe file to run. You can still install them via cd but not start it up.

I know that Origin uses non-cd .exe files in their games now, but to make a based .exe file on a older .exe that weas made to run on older windows might take a while.

Best,

L

True. They really need to do a no-cd version for HS.

I tried installing no-cd patch for HS but the game would still ask me to insert any music CD/album since the game did not detect any music files (The music files are all on the disk for some reason even if you selected complete installation).

I still had to resort to Daemon Tools anyway. 

Message 6 of 16 (1,256 Views)

@IronSightNoScope I doubt that they will bring the classics on Origin any time soon. Or at all. A lot of the problems are linked to licensing. Probably the most affected by that are the newer games and the street racing titles like NFS:U, NFS:U2, the original Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover. A lot of the companies that were presented in the games (liveries, stickers, tires, parts) are gone now and the contracts clearly expired as they were not used in later games. The Porsche license was lost and we don't know the terms for the new contract if there is any. 

I would love to see the classics and the 2000's titles as a digital release, too. The retail discs do not work with Windows 10, so it would be nice if we would have a legal option to replay them. Maybe a DRM free re-release on GOG and Origin would be a good approach, provided that EA can still use the licenses for the older NFS games.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 16 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please it would be the best thing ever i would buy them all especially most wanted and underground 1 and2

Message 8 of 16 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox or PlayStation idc i just want them

Message 9 of 16 (1,105 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

preach!!!!i got on here to say the same thing!!! need for speed most wanted (2012) was a dreadful empty shell of a game that should be imprisoned for identity theft and slander! most wanted 2005 was a diamond of a game with a great story, a solid, well polished game engine, and a plethora of customization options. same with need for speed underground 1 & 2. all three of these were just absolutely amazing! and when i found out most wanted was able to be purchased on my ps vtita i was so excited! i bought it immediately and began playing.... i expected to start out in an INTENSE police chase in my SICK BMW, being given a tutorial at 170 MPH like i had in 2005 and i quickly realized.... IVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED!!!! i was lost, EA had given me a ruse.. the name was the same, but someone had taken my teenage memory of making my perfect ride and pissing off the cops, and killed it, embalmed it and taken its empty corpse, and crucified it on the playstation store. it was truely a disappointment. the love was gone, the art was gone. the personality?...GONE. instead of these rival racers who had personality, zest, dialogue, and a genuine connection that provided immersion and ambiance; i was given a bleak barren list of names and cars and told i need to beat them with some simplistic expository dialogue (if you can even call that dialogue).  and i haven't even mentioned how bad the AI was for these enemies. the driving mechanics for 2012s most wanted are pitiful compared to the original game, a game that came out 7 years beforehand..... but i could go one for hours about how good the older games were, and how the 2012 most wanted was kind of symbolic for what EA was becoming. and to finish up my discussion, releasing NFS underground 1&2, and NFS most wanted 2005 is a sure fire way to make money, and gain some good rapport from Need for Speed fans. provided the re-release doesn't come with a myriad of microtransactions, pay walls, timers,  loot boxes or "surprise mechanics" lol ffs... or any of that crap. just re-release the games please. remaster them if you'd rather do that. give them a nice 4k, 60fps, raytracing polish and maybe a few quality of life fixes, maybe some extra customization, and we'd all HAPPILY give you what you ask for them. need for speed heat is great, but it still cant hold up to these 3.

Message 10 of 16 (636 Views)