Re: Chosen / Assemblers / Raiders - Far more powerful after 1.08 patch?

by Smashing_Vigil

Original Post

Chosen / Assemblers / Raiders - Far more powerful after 1.08 patch?

Champion

So I downloaded the 1.08 patch today, which is really great and has brought so many much needed changes and features (Thank-you Bioware!)

One thing that stuck me though after playing for a few hours is that the fodder enemies are hitting much harder - or at least with much more frequency than before. I know from reading the patch notes that the enemies have had a damage increase from between 5 - 10%, but I'm not particularly having a problem with any of the other enemies, just the Assemblers, Chosen and Raiders.

They just seem to be peeling my shields very fast and leaving just one unchecked could mean being downed fairly quickly.

The increase in difficulty doesn't bother me so much but they definitely feel more deadly than even some of the more advanced enemies now.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards,

Cabowse.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 10 (1,004 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah seen this myself. Did a silver match with the human vanguard and had my shields drop in a few shots and was diving for cover more often. That char has the shield boost gear, and good DR so the tune up has had a noticeable effect

Message 2 of 10 (994 Views)

★★★ Pro

started a new game and tried playing a level 1 sniper char on hardcore. basically, on hab-7 liam kept dying 2 or 3 seconds after the fight starts leaving me against 3 or 4 chosen at a time, and i kept having small slivers of health stripped with each encounter, and with pretty much no healing supplies around... by the time i got to the other shuttle i had like 1/3 of my health and decided to turn the difficulty down to normal as this stopped being fun and became frustrating.

Message 3 of 10 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, and the Pariah is a lot bitc.. uh, meaner too now. :>

Message 4 of 10 (965 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Vigil_Forever wrote:

Yeah i noticed that too. I dont care about the transformation from armor to shields+health. What i am seeing now is that she keeps her backlash up for way too long now & it has less cooldown as well. Pretty annoying & poor design imo. Even when i tried flanking her by using my stealth grid she still managed to somehow detect where i am. I can understand making enemies harder but making them outright frustrating is not the solution. Besides i still dont get it why she was considered underwhelming in the first place. She managed to kill myself & my whole team once since i fired flak cannon at her while her backlash was up & it just reflected back to us all & downed us. It was funny to see it happen though xD

Message 5 of 10 (904 Views)

★★★ Pro

@AbhijitSM wrote:

@Vigil_Forever wrote:

She managed to kill myself & my whole team once since i fired flak cannon at her while her backlash was up & it just reflected back to us all & downed us. It was funny to see it happen though xD

Definitely an oh **** moment Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (895 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Two shots with my black widow and she is down every time never gets to use backlash.

It was nice to see that the enemies became a little tougher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 10 (889 Views)

★ Guide

Shes a one shot with a normal Widow. No trouble at all.

Message 8 of 10 (875 Views)

★★★ Pro

With reference to your comments about certain enemies, Patch notes for 1.08 shows the following key notes:

• Bronze enemies now do 5% more damage with all attacks
  • Silver enemies now do 10% more damage with all attacks
  • Gold enemies now do 10% more damage with all attacks
  • Increased Assembler weapon damage by 10%.
  • Changed Assembler firing pattern from 4–8 shots per salvo to 4–9.

They have updated the 1.08 patch notes to be a lot clearer on all the changes and balances now... interesting read so worth spending some time to acclimatise yourself with the new changes.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Patch-1-08-Notes/m-p/6101620#M17153

Message 9 of 10 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

"May your foes be strong enough to keep you sharp."

I'm all for a tough fight.

Message 10 of 10 (839 Views)