Chopper Grody Goop to powerful after update!!!

by OB1-The-Only-One

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chopper Grody Goop to powerful after update!!!

★★ Guide

So with the update the Chompers Grody Goop kills a 100xp character and you cant defend against it. I play Deadbeard very often and when hit with it I have nothing I can do but die. I have 2 health regeneration upgrades on and it still it kills me. Am I missing some way of defending against it or am I out of luck now it’s stronger.

• Grody Goop
    • Increase initial damage 35->45
    • Increase tick damage 1->4
    • Increase ability refresh time 9->10

Message 1 of 20 (1,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chopper Grody Goop to powerful after update!!!

Champion

@OB1-The-Only-One  Chompers are really powerful against Pirates so always try and keep your distance against them. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (1,102 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Health regeneration upgrades wont help since they require you to not be taking any damage and goop counters that. Just be aware of any chomper you hear or see. If you do get hit by the good find some healing QUICK or your dead.

Message 2 of 20 (1,115 Views)

Champion

@OB1-The-Only-One  Chompers are really powerful against Pirates so always try and keep your distance against them. 

Message 3 of 20 (1,103 Views)

★★ Guide

Before the update I had no problem overcoming it as my health regeneration would take care of it.. I would never get taken out by it... Frown

Message 4 of 20 (1,083 Views)

★★ Guide

Chompers are not powerful against Pirates if you have Scuttle shot upgrade.

Message 5 of 20 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@OB1-The-Only-OneDon't use your scope too often for Deadbeard and keep checking for flanks. This also applies to Cactus, except you want to cover your flanks with Potato Mines. When you see a flanking Chomper, go in your barrel. If you're in your barrel, Grody Goop can't disable the 'light fuse' option and this will threaten the Chomper. You can also turn off the in-game music to hear footsteps better. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 20 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@OB1-The-Only-Onethe counterplay to this is:
pray that there is a scientist on your team that actually heals people
pray that that scientist is nearby.

thats litaerally all you can do sadly. Imps have even less time to find a scientist before they die.

Why was grody even buffed? it was already chomper's best ability? So many of these recent plant buffs defy all logic ]: ^p

Message 7 of 20 (974 Views)

Champion

@OB1-The-Only-One  Try the tips that @aikohu , @Joseph2004045  and @MCFBlackfang  mentioned. Scuttle Shot can keep Chompers at a further distance from you (I never thought of that Thinking). Keeping a watch for flanks is something I like to do as a Sniper as being sneak attacked is often fatal, at least for me. Hopefully your team will have healers so you can be healed if you get caught with Grody Goop but I see scientists quite commonly, so if you see one you can head towards them and hope they heal you. 

Message 8 of 20 (947 Views)

★★ Expert

There is a much better way I think. Get a wizard, that hopefully isn't gooped, to heal the toxic effects with zee-lixir. Works an absolute charm!

Message 9 of 20 (898 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Honestly with all the OP characters zombies have I'm happy plants have a character on their team that can stop zombies from facerolling like the usually do..

Message 10 of 20 (870 Views)