Chop Shop?!?

by ruf997tt

Original Post

Chop Shop?!?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone explored the Chop Shop yet?  I just reloaded the game and got $100k cash and 100k SCRAP.  Then the game directed me to a new feature called the Chop Shop where you can apparently trade parts, materials, and BP that you don't want or need anymore.

Let us know what your experience is so we can all learn together.

Message 1 of 36 (21,553 Views)

Re: Chop Shop?!?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow, just discovered you can get BP for ALL the regular cars (no SE cars).  You can buy from 1 to 10 BP.  I hope I can convert Trophy cash into Scrap cash.  Wait...maybe the Tournament store has changed too!  Just checking.......still looks the same except it has refreshed and will refresh again ~1:30hrs.  I just got a chubby...  Standard smile

Message 2 of 36 (21,544 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Well, thought it's a marvel, to scrap your items into parts and blueprints, but not all is that shiny...

Scrap prices are bad, 50 items (including epic materials) got traded for 15k.

And the price tags in the shop? Who would buy a green street part for 19k when there is blue one 23,5k? Same goes up the line as well. Classic sports: 27k for green, 30k for blue and 33,5k for violet? Guess anyone can get ready his 911 for the new LaFerrari event, as you can get 3 epic parts just for what you got today. Higher ranked parts get more costly, golden hyper parts are for four hundred thousands - it seems you have to scrap about six full garage contents to get one ;-)

Message 3 of 36 (21,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Just bought a crate and received an excess BP and it was converted to SCRAP auto-magically.  Standard smile

There is a downside: it seems that I didn't get BP's on maxed out cars so the odds were better on getting something you needed.  Now, in 2 crates I received unneeded BP's.

Message 4 of 36 (21,525 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ruf997tt wrote:

Just bought a crate and received an excess BP and it was converted to SCRAP auto-magically.  Standard smile

There is a downside: it seems that I didn't get BP's on maxed out cars so the odds were better on getting something you needed.  Now, in 2 crates I received unneeded BP's.

Oh, that is a serious bummer for those that weren't quick enough to upgrade their Golf for the new Blackridge Spirit, as that basically means no more street parts at the end of every chapter :-)

I'll most likely spend my scrap money for 3 epic parts for 911 (classic sports), as the muscle parts for Dodge are more expensive (funny part is that upgrading from rare to epic is cheaper for muscle cars than for classic sports).

Message 5 of 36 (21,508 Views)

★ Guide

Chop shop?  Can someone screengrab this as I don't have it?

Message 6 of 36 (21,499 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You cannot miss that once you have it available. If you are playing on Android, it seems quitting the game and updating (if not done automatically) should be enough, and you will get 100k cash and 100k scrap money when you enter the game. Someone said no game update is available for iOS right now.

Message 7 of 36 (21,494 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Well, the automatic scrapping of maxed out bps is a marvel to up the scrap money account. Before the update you just got a street part, and if you were lucky, you got a rare one selling for 5k, while green one sells for 3k. Same for Subaru BRZ and Viper.

Now you get different scrap money for different blueprints - 20 % of their value in the Chop Shop. While Skyline is less than 6k, Viper is more than 30k (enough to buy blue classic sport part) and McLaren (my last car with full blueprints) scraps for 40k.

Guess maxing out lower ranked cars gets much easier for me Standard smile

Message 8 of 36 (21,492 Views)

★ Guide

I think it is now possible to replay as many boss races as possible to get the blue prints you do not need. They will be automatically scrapped and you can buy the desired blue prints from the chop shop. I got 5 Mercendes-AMG GT BP from gold crate and they were immediately scrapped for 150-ish thousand. It was then possible for me to get all remaining blueprints for Dodge challenger (7) with plenty of scrap to spare. Guess having a maxed out sport/super/hyper is important at this stage.

It would be nice if someone could do the math (e.g. 2 super BP = 1 hyper BP) and share the details.

Message 9 of 36 (21,488 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@7ru3blu3 wrote:

I think it is now possible to replay as many boss races as possible to get the blue prints you do not need. They will be automatically scrapped and you can buy the desired blue prints from the chop shop. I got 5 Mercendes-AMG GT BP from gold crate and they were immediately scrapped for 150-ish thousand. It was then possible for me to get all remaining blueprints for Dodge challenger (7) with plenty of scrap to spare. Guess having a maxed out sport/super/hyper is important at this stage.

It would be nice if someone could do the math (e.g. 2 super BP = 1 hyper BP) and share the details.

If that is so, I already hate it!

One of the reason I farmed all those blueprints of unwanted cars is so that they won't spoil my golden crates, so I'll get only legendary blueprints (Aventador, Pagani and Koenigsegg in my case) and parts to upgrade my super/hyper cars. And now again I can get three T86 blueprints for a fraction of a price of needed bps? Bah Frown

Message 10 of 36 (21,482 Views)