Chomper needs buff

by marche567

Original Post

Chomper needs buff

★★★ Apprentice

Chomper got nerfed way too hard in bfn, he is now virtually useless , even if he was annoying, enginner hard counters him and he wasnt even a top tier character, he is now probably the worst character in the game, pls buff him    

Message 1 of 40 (1,713 Views)

Re: Chomper needs buff

Community Manager

Hi @marche567 :

I moved your post to the English forums Standard smile.

- Antonio

Antonio.png
Message 2 of 40 (1,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@marche567Please no. Chomper is the ultimate cheese class. Insta-kill, stun, slow, disables abilities. All rolled into 1 character. Nerf his goop, make his burrow more visually obvious and then we can talk about buffing him. He’s already cancer to play against

Message 3 of 40 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It seems you havent played battle for neightborville,

Now he can only insta kill with burrow, the animation is longer, and his goop sucks

Message 4 of 40 (1,623 Views)

★★ Guide

Buff Chomper, that’s a sentence I never thought I’d hear.....anyways, I wouldn’t say Chomper is completely ruined, and he now has a pretty good longe range attack that deals the same damage as his chomp, I won’t miss goop, however I do think the backstab should be added back.

Message 5 of 40 (1,613 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

His new ranged weapon does less damage than new soldier who does like 1 damage per shot

Message 6 of 40 (1,609 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@marche567 His goop is insanely broken lol. It stuns, slows and prevent the target from using abilities. Plus its an aoe so can hit multiple people. If chomper needs buff in places he needs nerfs in others to compensate. Burrow is really bugged atm too, ive been swallowed when in a pirate barrel, when flying as the space cadet, when riding my rocket as 80’s hero. Chomper is just a buggy, cheesy class that is in the most need of a complete overhaul. If they were to ever drop classes from the game my bet is chomper would be first to go. Seems like too much of a difficult class to balance. Insta kills shouldnt be in this game imo even if they do have some counterplay. Chomper just isnt a fun character to fight unless you are engineer 🤷🏼‍♂️
Message 7 of 40 (1,594 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The Spike Weed and Goop are horrible abilities in this game.

Chomper controls more like an attack dog now.

And why are his spikes on top of his head made of bone now?

This game is a joke.

Message 8 of 40 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'd be totally okay with chomper losing his ranged attack if he could eat from behind. The maps are much more spread out now so it wouldn't be as easy to get kills, plus everyone can run now so burrow got passively nerfed. 

Message 9 of 40 (1,436 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I LOVE no chomping from behind but that’s the end of my love for the new Chomper and I wish there was an option to toggle this feature/attack.

Spikeweeds are super sloppy; why not allow them to stick to opponents when you throw them?  

The goo is useless.

I maxed him out in BfN and do not plan to play him anymore.

Message 10 of 40 (1,426 Views)