Re: Chomper - Mastication

by Shinobicap

Original Post

Chomper - Mastication

★★★★ Guide

Faster digestion has always been top priority pick for chomper players, 4 points for this talent is a ridiculous. What kind of a build can you make with a chomper when a single talent that you legitimately need costs 4 out of 7 points. Any chomper players knows if you don't have fast digestion, you're screwed. That is a must talent, not fair popcap. I'd suggest to that you cut that number in half and make this a 2 point talent.  Chompers already feel really weak in this game. I do like the design, and I like the fact that they all have a projectile attack now. Burrow is still bugged, and doesn't always uproot when you can be directly under a target. No more chomping from the back? fine. But, I'm telling you that talent is a top choice, and 4 points is too much for it. I barely see any chompers in my matches, as is. 

Message 1 of 8 (522 Views)

★★ Guide
@Shinobicap I agree that fewer points for mastication makes sense. Especially with the fact that eating zombies is no longer his main form of attack since burrow is his only way to eat now.
Message 2 of 8 (509 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@newbebop Yes sir. Also there’s a talent called dirt bath. Faster movement speed and biting speed while standing in goop. I would take that over Mastication if they wanted chompers to be more bity than chompy. Only that talent is also 4 points! You can’t win when decent talents are 4 points.  That talent, as well, should be 2-3 points. You need to be able to take a few more talents to make the build worth. Otherwise it’s pointless.

Message 3 of 8 (492 Views)

★ Pro

The chomper now feels less of a close combatant and more of a mid-range trapper. New ranged attack, ranged abilities... Mastication is not that must have, but yes, the cost should be lowered by at least 1 point. Same goes for dirt bath.

Message 4 of 8 (420 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@voidlistener wrote:

The chomper now feels less of a close combatant and more of a mid-range trapper. New ranged attack, ranged abilities... Mastication is not that must have, but yes, the cost should be lowered by at least 1 point. Same goes for dirt bath.

You read my mind 100% on this post.  Couldn’t agree more.

@Shinobicap I saw the upgrades and wanted both digestion and chomp, too.  I’m finding it hard to enjoy Chomper with his new style.  Loved him in part 2.

Message 5 of 8 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Agreed 4 points is too many. I would say 2 or 3 instead of 4. With only burrow allowing Chompers to eat zombies now it's hard to justify 4 of 7 slots for the upgrade.

Edit: I'm really liking Chomper now overall as he feels more of a team player than ever before, even got vanquish and objective master on loggy acres last night as a Chomper. I didn't burrow many zombies barring some one on the control points, lots of the new goop which is great at messing with several zombies at once, and biting. Not saying they're right where they should be balance, and this upgrade is too pricey, but I like the new idea behind them.

Message 6 of 8 (396 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

Agreed 4 points is too many. I would say 2 or 3 instead of 4. With only burrow allowing Chompers to eat zombies now it's hard to justify 4 of 7 slots for the upgrade.

Edit: I'm really liking Chomper now overall as he feels more of a team player than ever before, even got vanquish and objective master on loggy acres last night as a Chomper. I didn't burrow many zombies barring some one on the control points, lots of the new goop which is great at messing with several zombies at once, and biting. Not saying they're right where they should be balance, and this upgrade is too pricey, but I like the new idea behind them.

I’ve been in more of a protest mode in not playing him yet.

He’s on my hit list to play this weekend.

Message 7 of 8 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ShinobicapI agree that the point cost for this ability is nuts and should be lowered. I think Chomper is really good and I use him a lot, almost max level with him but it feels bad putting 4 points into something that normally doesn't even save my life anyway.

But again, he's really good right now so I don't want to see buffs to this character other than this change unless those buffs come with nerfs.

Message 8 of 8 (357 Views)