Re: Child Account Chaos

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Child Account Chaos

★ Novice

Several years ago my then "tween" kids got into Battlefront and wanted me to make them ea accounts to separate their challenges on their Xbox one console. I used two separate emails and got to the part where it indicated they were underage. At that point I left it alone.

Fast forward to this year, when both my kids are now teens and playing Apex and so on. My eldest plays Apex on PS4, but my youngest is still on Xbox. It prompted him to upgrade to a teen account. He entered his old email, and it said it was a duplicate. He entered his new email, which he used to create an ea account with, and it said it was a duplicate. To make matters worse, it has the parental email set as his new email, only with a typo, so there is no way to get a password change or any account authorization correspondence.

I have tried through ea help numerous times, numerous calls and online chats. The last person at ea help said we could log in on origins with his ID instead of email, and make changes that way, however when I tried to do so, it said he had to be online at the same time - which he can't be because the games won't let him.

So my  son is still gated out of all his games, and really didn't want to lose the progress his gamertag is linked to. I'm not sure where to go anymore. I think my first step is trying to find anyone not in a scripted call center to take all my information to verify I'm the parent and remove the typo email off his account. 

I have asked to speak with supervisors or to have this escalated but am meeting brick walls. Can anyone suggest another COA here? EA help has sucked much of my time, as well as the joy out of summer break for this kid. TIA

Message 1 of 5 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @SnowfishBlue,

I'm afraid we would not be able to look into this or discuss/change any account details on the forums, sorry.

If you've not been having any luck speaking with support through the typical channels here, you can also speak with support over Twitter or Facebook instead if either of those are options for you.

I would definitely suggest going through the EA Help Twitter if possible, but ultimately this will need to go through one of the above channels to continue looking into this further.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (536 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
To be clear, the first duplicate email was the very same one I had initially used years prior, and the one his gamertag is linked to. We thought maybe that was the problem, so we used a new email to create a new account for him via browser, but the game wouldn't let us add that email when prompted on the Xbox, saying it was a duplicate as well.
Message 2 of 5 (546 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @SnowfishBlue,

I'm afraid we would not be able to look into this or discuss/change any account details on the forums, sorry.

If you've not been having any luck speaking with support through the typical channels here, you can also speak with support over Twitter or Facebook instead if either of those are options for you.

I would definitely suggest going through the EA Help Twitter if possible, but ultimately this will need to go through one of the above channels to continue looking into this further.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 5 (537 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mako Thanks I'll try those other two avenues (Facebook/twitter)
Message 4 of 5 (525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue with my son’s account. Were you able to get this resolved?

Message 5 of 5 (256 Views)