Re: Check Out My Suggested Update for Ammo Categories!

by GizzyGabe

Original Post

Check Out My Suggested Update for Ammo Categories!

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, Legends! 

I would love yall's' feedback on my outlook on the way Apex Legends categorizes the ammo / weapon types! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Creators-Corner/A-Suggested-Update-for-Ammo-Categories/m-p/11208604#M7389

Message 1 of 4 (177 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@GizzyGabe First of all, kudos for exerting effort making the list! You listed the charge rifle under energy ammo which was the ammo used by the charge rifle before the inception of the sniper ammo class in season 4. I’ll still prefer the long bow to be back to its original ammo type, heavy ammo and the shotguns feel weird without having their own ammo type.

Other than those stuff, I agree with the rest. You listed a rocket launcher but fun fact, there’s actually a “new” ammo type in the files already called explosive ammo. It even has an icon already. Old leak but it’s still in the files probably just in case they add the EPG (grenade launcher) in the game. 😄

Explosive ammo icon datamined in the files

80C0DD43-B2EA-40F5-954F-FD8D40212189.webp

Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Cheese9Man oh wow! I didn't know that was leaked! And as far as the Longbow, I could see it in either category honestly. I simply thought it'd be kewl to have 1 in each ammo category respectively. I would be on par with the shotguns all having their own ammo if the peacekeeper wasn't involved - it just seems to different from the others imo. A grenade launcher would be kewl and I actually have an idea in mind for a weapon like that too. I imagine it would need to not mimic Fuse's launch with grenades though. Thanks for checking out my post! I appreciate the feedback!
Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)

Champion
@GizzyGabe Props for the write-up!

I have similar sentiments as @Cheese9Man

I feel like the regular shotguns need to stick with shotgun ammo. It feels weird to me, otherwise.

In regards to the Peacekeeper (PK) and Charge Rifle (CR), I would actually love to see a new "charged"-type ammo class for these, and move the Triple Take (TT) into this category as well. They all are fairly similar, and stand apart from the rest of the weapon/ammo pool. Leave the weapons in their respective classes, but have them use some sort of energy-charged/particle ammo or something different. I know it's similar to energy ammo, but the shots just don't feel the same to me. Might be able to include the Sentinel in this category, but I would personally leave it with sniper ammo.

Definitely curious about the explosive ammo....

Be sure to share, when you do your write-up on the Storm Blade and Thunder Club. I am curious to see what you're thinking of. My first image when I read this, was the Energy Sword and Grav Hammer from Halo.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 4 (123 Views)