Re: Cheats on xbox

by Jem450R

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@Anlbrd wrote:
@WingmannedbroThe thing is - Microsoft could build a better controller emulator than the Xim and include it by default in the xbox. No extra work for developers or backwards compatibility issues.

Actually it takes extra work for developers to adapt the game for controller use. Literally not microsoft's responsibility. Microsoft and Sony provide full MKB support eradicating the need for converters. If only game devs decided to allow shooters to be played with MKB.

It's on game devs to not make use of this. Shooters are PC games, the genre as a whole was never meant for console. 

Message 11 of 17 (250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@WingmannedbroWhat I'm saying is : MS will say its not their responsibility, developers will say its not worth their time - and this stalemate will be 40 years needlessly ongoing instead of just 20. The original xbox should have had K&M.

MS should just develop an emulator and include it in the xbox, sell it as an app for 10 dollars for all I care.  It would eliminate the need for a Xim to use K&M, straight up there'd be fewer people having access to 'anti recoil' macros etc, for all the advantage they offer.

Message 12 of 17 (244 Views)

★★★ Expert

Sony and microsoft have FULL native support.

It's 100% the game devs responsibility to make it happen. This is a matter of fact.

Message 13 of 17 (241 Views)

★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro You seem to be talking about an arbitrary set of conditions mate : I'm talking about a way that you and I aren't saying this to each other in 10 years like a load of us were in 2001 when xbox arrived.
Message 14 of 17 (239 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You both make good points. Ultimately, if the devs don't step up, someone else already has. If the console manufacturers don't step up, someone else already has. Providing gamers with better control and options is always a good thing. Currently someone else is picking up their slack. 

Message 15 of 17 (222 Views)

★ Pro

Why dont they include a mouse and keyboard? Because its a console... where theyve always come with a controller... if i wanna mouse and keyboard ill buy a pc

Message 16 of 17 (207 Views)

★★ Pro
@Jem450R With a price difference of about 1800 bucks? :P As if the peripheral is the primary reason to choose one or the other unless you're independently wealthy.
Message 17 of 17 (190 Views)