Re: Cheaters on PS4

by MikeOxFirm

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I was in skulltown and the guy went to the side of the open door. I was facing him and saw the bullets come thru the wall and hit me for a knockdown. So he could target and shoot through a wall. When I was downed my movement way slower than any other time i've been downed and a third guy came in behind me while I was down and he got taken down just like I did. Through the wall. *Edit *All of this is server issues and lag.

Message 11 of 34 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I love when cheats try to defend other cheaters on the forum claiming that there are no cheaters or inventing hundreds of excuses.

Message 12 of 34 (598 Views)

★ Guide

how the hell people cheat on console ?    i think its about your Net connection .  if its a good speed then no problem. 

Message 13 of 34 (589 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@preyandplay wrote:

I love when cheats try to defend other cheaters on the forum claiming that there are no cheaters or inventing hundreds of excuses.

You cannot cheat online with a PS4.

No excuses needed. That's a fact. But you keep the conspiracy theories if that makes you feel better.. 

The issues stated above are to do with connection/home network.

Message 14 of 34 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

@preyandplay wrote:

No excuses needed. That's a fact. But you keep the conspiracy theories if that makes you feel better.. 

Yes, you can cheat on a PS4. You could even install Linux prior to firmware 1.76, which openes up a lot more issues.  Connection issues are not the same as cheats, or a lag switch. Connection issues tend to effect yourself in a negative manor, and never, ever give you any form of benefit, since it's not something that can be controlled. 

Not to mention :https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Information-on-Banned-Accounts-and-Consoles?language=en_US

"Cheating
Doing or utilizing anything that gives the player a greater advantage than is intended for normal gameplay."

If it was not possible, Sony would not be banning people for doing it, or even have it listed as a reason to get banned. 

Message 15 of 34 (576 Views)

★ Guide

No cheats for PS4 you just got beat by a better player.

Message 16 of 34 (564 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jungle-Beard wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

@preyandplay wrote:

Yes, you can cheat on a PS4. You could even install Linux prior to firmware 1.76, which openes up a lot more issues.  Connection issues are not the same as cheats, or a lag switch. Connection issues tend to effect yourself in a negative manor, and never, ever give you any form of benefit, since it's not something that can be controlled. 

Not to mention :https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Information-on-Banned-Accounts-and-Consoles?language=en_US

"Cheating
Doing or utilizing anything that gives the player a greater advantage than is intended for normal gameplay."

If it was not possible, Sony would not be banning people for doing it, or even have it listed as a reason to get banned. 

My understanding is, the very second you modify any firmware the system will not allow you to connect online.

The link you shared is basically saying you will be banned for modifying anything on the system.

This is not proof of people in game cheating. You cannot get online or in game with modified systems. Yes people can try, but they will not be able to get in game for you to experience them cheating.

Message 17 of 34 (542 Views)

★ Guide

I love when bad players have to ya bs excuses for why they lost.

Message 18 of 34 (533 Views)

★★ Guide

@preyandplay wrote:

These are people who get flagged to be monitored closely.  From experience, they also tend to be the people who flake off in a months time. 

Message 19 of 34 (513 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jungle-Beard wrote:

@preyandplay wrote:

These are people who get flagged to be monitored closely.  From experience, they also tend to be the people who flake off in a months time. 

Well, just to let you know, I have a friend who installed a retro game emulator onto his PS4 so he could play old school games for a short while.

He was advised that he should not connect to the internet while running the modded firmware as it would ban his console from PS+. This is an active tool that Sony uses to monitor consoles. The console is registered to you with your email which in turn is linked to your personal details.

It's a completely different ball game to PC.

In all my time on various games since owning a PS4, I have yet to encounter anything close to what I would describe as cheating. There have been games with exploits/loopholes, but they are nothing to do with end user loaded in software or "hacks".

I've been killed by some players super quick but I've encountered plenty of lag, latency and desync's I understand that it is those, and not cheats that account for the odd "iffy" death.

Monitor me all you want. I can assure you I'm definitely no cheater.

If you think you spot a cheater on PS4 in your own game, save the video and post it here. I'd be curious to see what you are seeing.

Message 20 of 34 (511 Views)