Re: Cheaters are going to ruin this game

by CaptainBlakbeard

Original Post

★ Guide
please just stop.. just stop now...its a problem, I am not going to take you by the hand to youtube and show you, or link you to the top fortnite guys streaming an apex match on twitch against aimbotters.. Do it yourself.
Message 21 of 48 (395 Views)

★ Apprentice
There are hackers in every competitive PVP game, especially in FPS games. Everyone knows this and it is inevitable. The proper way to deal with it is mitigate it as much as you can and make it easier for players to pinpoint cheaters and harder for cheaters to just keep doing it. Apex needs 3 important features added to accomplish this:

1. Add a kill cam so players can see how they were killed. This is one the best ways to tell if someone is wall hacking or auto-aiming.

2. Add an IN-GAME reporting system. As of now, if you suspect someone of cheating, you have write their name down ASAP and then log into the site to report them. It's cumbersome and inefficient. Most hackers have nonsensical names that can't simply be memorized and they use these names for this exact reason. 

3. Hardware ban. Overwatch does this well. Banning the computer instead of the account. It's too easy to simply make another account when the game is F2P. The player does not loose anything other than 5 mins of their time. Account stats and trophies are not universally coveted and there is no permanent punishment for cheating. In fact, it actually helps Apex artificially boost their player count. A hacker may go through 3-5 accounts if they get banned enough. Making a single player look like several. 
Message 22 of 48 (326 Views)

★ Apprentice
There are hackers in every competitive PVP game, especially in FPS games. Everyone knows this and it is inevitable. The proper way to deal with it is mitigate it as much as you can and make it easier for players to pinpoint cheaters and harder for cheaters to just keep doing it. Apex needs 3 important features added to accomplish this:

1. Add a kill cam so players can see how they were killed. This is one the best ways to tell if someone is wall hacking or auto-aiming.

2. Add an IN-GAME reporting system. As of now, if you suspect someone of cheating, you have write their name down ASAP and then log into the site to report them. It's cumbersome and inefficient. Most hackers have nonsensical names that can't simply be memorized and they use these names for this exact reason. 

3. Hardware ban. OWatch does this well. Banning the computer instead of the account. It's too easy to simply make another account when the game is F2P. The player does not loose anything other than 5 mins of their time. Account stats and trophies are not universally coveted and there is no permanent punishment for cheating. In fact, it actually helps Apex artificially boost their player count. A hacker may go through 3-5 accounts if they get banned enough. Making a single player look like several. 
Message 23 of 48 (325 Views)

★★ Guide

is those ban numbers to be found somewhere? and also how big the whole playerbase is peaktime and so?

Message 24 of 48 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

On PS4 there is same problem. I meet a lot of cheaters who instantly rekt me with one shot, or just hit me with every bullet, aimlocking me as hell, prefire me etc. And there is no report option in game. 

I guess Apex Legends is one of those games where you cheat, or you will be rekted, like in CS:GO or PUBG.

Message 25 of 48 (382 Views)

★ Guide

@Trenix I didn't intend to say that there are no cheaters or less cheaters than expected but in my opinion threads like these are exaggerating in a lot of ways by saying "Apex is filled with cheater and it's unplayable". It's a common sense that cheaters are ruining a game. No one can deny the fact, so in conclusion it is totally meaningless to start a discussion if hackers ruin this game. Where's the point?

@HenxFTW They mentioned these numbers on their blog post around a week ago were they stated that 25 Million players have tried Apex, 2 Million players at peak times and 16k banned cheaters.

Message 26 of 48 (348 Views)

★ Pro

When I see BS I call BS. I don't need to make threads about any possible BS I can think of.

Message 27 of 48 (345 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This game is already ruined.

Not only watching the guy that killed me cheat, but now im watching own teammates cheat.

Its like every match has at least 1 cheater playing.

PC games are just pointless now.

Too bad consoles are stuck at 60framerate, at least there you have a chance.

They really need to make a closed system to play games like these.

Message 28 of 48 (342 Views)

★★★ Novice
I think we've all suffered the aimbots with the wingman from a long distance. The game has statistics, you can post successful / failed shots, shots followed to the head, etc. And so easily detect the cheaters. What nobody believes is people with level 10 and impossible statistics. Which one is there because it's good? Surely, and that's what the claims are for. In addition, repetition of your death and possibility of complaints within the game would help a lot, being able to ban the player with multiple complaints from players.
But for all that you need the will to solve it ...
Message 29 of 48 (305 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hope they put something like premium users for legit players to play with each other. And let those kids that cheats to head shot each other.

Message 30 of 48 (303 Views)