Re: Cheaters Apex Legends

by ChickenAlas

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Again, said this several times, I know cheaters exist although I have yet to see one (just my experience). However, how often are good players going to be reported just because they have 275 kills and 76,890 damage on their banner? Not jumping on you specifically but you are like the 15th comment Ive seen about someone seeing an impressive banner and immediately saying "hackssssssss"

This is a perfect description of the other major problem involving cheaters. The fact that loads of people start point fingers without having any substance backing up their arguement. In all the games I've played I can say I saw two cheaters for sure and they are very easy to spot since you can spectate after they kill you. 

The banner doesn't say a lot, but do they move slow & newbish? At the same time do they seem to know where all enemies are? Laser them down with snap-aim?

Easy to spot.

FPS will have cheaters, weither it's free or not. 

The only long standing and populair FPS are those that are competitive.

Problem for EA: how do they make this somewhat competitive (eg ranked queue's) without having it get overloaded with cheaters?

Better report options and a team that actually review these would be a start.

Message 81 of 245 (886 Views)

★★★ Newbie
"Again, said this several times, I know cheaters exist although I have yet to see one (just my experience). However, how often are good players going to be reported just because they have 275 kills and 76,890 damage on their banner? Not jumping on you specifically but you are like the 15th comment Ive seen about someone seeing an impressive banner and immediately saying "hackssssssss""

This is a perfect description of the other major problem involving cheaters. The fact that loads of people start point fingers without having any substance backing up their arguement. In all the games I've played I can say I saw two cheaters for sure and they are very easy to spot since you can spectate after they kill you. 

The banner doesn't say a lot, but do they move slow & newbish? At the same time do they seem to know where all enemies are? Laser them down with snap-aim?

Easy to spot.

FPS will have cheaters, weither it's free or not. 

The only long standing and populair FPS are those that are competitive.

Problem for EA: how do they make this somewhat competitive (eg ranked queue's) without having it get overloaded with cheaters?

Better report options and a team that actually review these would be a start.
Message 82 of 245 (886 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I stopped playing a while ago and I don't regret it Wink
Message 83 of 245 (860 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just finished a game with 3 teams being cheaters lol. We were 4th and none of the teams were coming out guess they were all using hacks. Finally after 1 squad got killed where 3 teams was left and yes we were 1 of them hiding, squad B kept firing on us with grenades exactly at our location, then when we started running squad A would 1 shot us out of nowhere with a kraber lol.

If you guys aren't encountering cheaters, I invite you to visit HK, Taiwan, Singapore servers.
Message 84 of 245 (845 Views)

★ Guide

You need to see a doctor than... You have serious issues if you have only encountered a cheater once.

Message 85 of 245 (830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If he got 500 kill and just lvl 15. with that much kill he just need 30games to reach that lvl and kill at least 15 in every game he play, and he have to be very lucky because can find that much player in every game and can kill all of them. This game actually have a lot of cheater, someone try to sell it to me for $15/day, he say he update the cheat everyday and not get detected since 22 February, and you can go live streaming with obs and not get detected

Message 86 of 245 (801 Views)

★ Guide

its out of  control seriously...but its free.. the link they give us cant upload a small file whatsoever. If this keeps going it will be like when peeps left bo4 br for the same reason along with their armor issue or is it there is to much money in cheating and how many are cheating since they play a free game, banned , get new account, will spend money wasting on aoc for skins .. You multiply that by the couple hundred thousand that are cheating now the weak 16k that were banned already.. they all are back playing with new accounts. Bet your salary on the final two circles having cheaters at least every other game or at least running into them in games. Im disappointed.. what an excellent game.. Take notes from overwatch and fornite on their anticheat policy

Message 87 of 245 (800 Views)

★ Guide

seriously. judging anti cheat system? oh wow, tell me how it works? tell me how it differs from fortnite and overwatch? Third party cheats and exploits go undetected .. AL  will probably get the mainstream website cheats but anyone coding and handing it out, no , AP anti cheat wont..

Message 88 of 245 (800 Views)

★ Novice
I think a "full investigation" will not suffice and is merely a band aid solution to the problem (the increasing rate of cheaters in the game). If I may, I am going to suggest 2 possible courses of action:

1) Track down the source of the cheats and deal with them - It is pretty easy to search for the sources of the cheats because you literally just have to type "Apex Legends Cheats" then voila, you just found its source(s). After such, it is up to you on how you guys will handle their softwares (you can probably "get a sample" of their cheats and block them or I don't know, it's up to you guys on what you think is the best action to do and;

2) Develop an in-game report system - Almost all forums that I've been in have been asking for this because: a) it will be easier to report cheaters rather than to memorize/take note of the username THEN go to Easy Anti-Cheat website, b) bots who sell cheats EVERYWHERE will be easier to report (I just played a game before reporting this issue and I got queued up with TWO bots on a squad of THREE). I mean we already have the option to mute our teammates, why not go the extra mile and add an option to report them? and lastly, c) whenever I get killed on a "sketchy situation" I always watch the player to see if something's up. Again, it would be easier to report the cheater in-game rather than going to an external web page. In addition, since we have the option to watch players, why deprive us the option to report them if we find anything "fishy" on their gameplay. Those mentioned above, is of course, provided that the developers will actually give proper investigation to the reported players.

The gamers hate cheaters because they just ruin the gameplay, the developers should also hate cheaters because they destroy the game they placed so much effort on. So please, let us help each other through giving us a proper and a convenient way to report these cheaters. We know that the developers are working hard to tackle this issue, so please let the gaming community help them (through the ones mentioned above).

Hoping for an actual response and not an automated one.

Thank you and regards
Message 89 of 245 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

anti cheat system should do what?
Yes, make cheats not able to work. Fact is, there are cheaters in the game and the people only care about the product, not how it is made, not how they work. Just the fact, that they can't do their job and enjoy a * product

Message 90 of 245 (760 Views)