Re: Cheaters Add" Vote to kick option, real time kicking

by YoungSpawn89

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

By the way, this forum is it not a Box for people to qq? Well it's at Battlefield Forum, and No DICE or EA look on the waste of post we make.

All official Replay or post are made on reddit. So are wasting time here, where no one can see it? Just asking, so we all are not wasting our time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/

Message 41 of 48 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Just hardware ban cheaters if they have thousands of reports in a few days. No excuse for cheaters with 1000+ kills with obvious underscores, 3500 damage badge, random capital letters, and a bunch of 1's/I'/i's in their name. I know there's a lot of players to maintain but hopefully they're getting a way to quickly overview reports that translates to a ban.

Message 42 of 48 (448 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This will not in fact reduce cheaters as the real cheaters will be able to scrip a kick block into the hack just about every premium cheat has it in every free to play fps game. This will only hurt the people who actually do play well and have some control over their shooting I normally don't spray my guns all over the place like most of these scrip kiddies are doing because they have no recoil to worry about. Though this will only result in more toxic game play and will even make me quit hitting that ready button without at least a friend playing with me.
Message 43 of 48 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Adding Hardware ban would be great if it is added but that doesn't fix the problem of cheaters not being kicked in "REAL TIME" (the actual time during which a process or event occurs) if someone is cheating then they should be kicked from the game "instantly / immediately" on that match stopping them from wining the match and reducing the damage they make killing players in-game.

Can everyone who reads my first post please read the rest of the post comments which I have made between thanks, I do feel your not reading all of the conversation and missing out on points I'm trying to prove my case that we need a vote to kick player if cheating.

Message 44 of 48 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@OggOne wrote:

This vote to kick option would be different from the previous games, for starters you have to report the person for cheating to activate the vote to kick and more than 5 players have to report that same person for cheating for anything to happen, also as I said it would have fail-safes, another fail-safe which could be added to previous fail-safes I've listed would be

"wrongful reporting" if you wrongfully report someone who isn't cheating more than 3 times a month then that person would be blacklisted for a week ban until they can play again, this would encourage players not to report other players because they got killed by them. Which would also encourage players only to report people/players who are actually cheating. People would learn not to send in false reports as time goes on and it would help with the workload by reducing false reports to the anti cheat program.

Large streamers could have "streamer protection" by signing up to a system which stops them being kicked and instead has their stream looked at by the anti cheat program

So far it seems no one here actually wants the cheaters to be kicked from a match in "REAL TIME" to stop them winning.

You do realize cheaters use cheats to win matches take that from them and they have nothing to gain. People/players cheat to make their stats look good or to prove their cheating system is better than any other cheating systems to help with cheat mod sales.

Cheats go Undetected by the anti cheat software because it cant detect what we see in game! and the reason people can cheat in games is because "players info" is easily accessible, if players info was "encrypted" so only the server knows what's going on when a player gets shot or the players location then it might be a different story.

p.s people please don't hold grudges of pervious "vote to kick systems" for older other games they just wasn't "implemented properly" and they lacked detail to go with the mechanism  

It's very interesting but I'm not too sure how to prevent abusing. There is currently no game in the market implement it so it's hard to justify the possibility.

Let's talk about your "fail-safe" theory.

"This vote to kick option would be different from the previous games, for starters you have to report the person for cheating to activate the vote to kick and more than 5 players have to report that same person for cheating for anything to happen"

Ok it's fair point. But the fail-safe is easy to pass. In fact, by "easy" i meant 95% of the player base can get it passed.

Another fail-safe:

"wrongful reporting" if you wrongfully report someone who isn't cheating more than 3 times a month then that person would be blacklisted for a week ban until they can play again, this would encourage players not to report other players because they got killed by them. Which would also encourage players only to report people/players who are actually cheating. People would learn not to send in false reports as time goes on and it would help with the workload by reducing false reports to the anti cheat program."

According to your theory:

If I kick someone wrongly, I will get ban for 1 week.

OK, I'd say it is safe for obvious speed hack. We know immediately if someone uses speed hack.

But for less obvious hack: wall hack, aimbot, it requires sometimes to watch cheater's point of view before I can tell if he's really hacking or just too good.

You are right to say it would encourage players not to report wrongly. It will probably reduce the number of blatant cheaters.

The reason why "obvious cheaters" are blatant is beause they are not afraid the consequence. So your solution will work in the first 1 or 2 months when it implements.

After the cheaters know he will get kick if he cheats very openly, they will do it more careful. In other word, they still cheat and not get kicked.

Your whole solution will take time to implement, from building up the database of playerbase to other detailed steps. There is also predictable wave of complaints when people get kicked wrongly. Will it worth it for Respawn to build such function, rather than other more direct approach in fighting cheaters? Only Respawn can answer.

In short, I think your solution might work,

Will it reduce the cheaters? It definitely will reduce of cheaters.

is it worth doing it ? I don't know.

Will Respawn be the first one implement this? I doubt so.

Message 45 of 48 (404 Views)

★ Guide

You're saying the same thing over and over which is getting you nowhere @OggOne.  You can see that the majority of the players don't agree with your proposal.  So please stop typing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result.  Just being straightforward with you @OggOne.  Have a good one chief. Standard smile

OggOne

Message 46 of 48 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EvoCyberNation but I am getting some where, I'm getting input on how such a feature might or might not work, as anyone should know to "make or break a idea" you have to have "pros and co ns*" the good and the bad reasoning why such a feature would work or would not work.

"Your quote" You can see that the majority of You can see that the majority of the players don't agree with your proposal.the players don't agree with your proposal. "Quote"

I think you mean a "FEW" selected players who don't agree, remember 50 million players play Apex Legends and who says the people posting can even be trusted. (Just Saying) Even these forums have cheaters posting comments for the purpose of reverse psychology

@EvoCyberNation where is it I'm typing the same thing over and over again? from here it looks like building blocks to a feature which may or may not work, a discussion about one thing "vote to kick player" but thank you for putting your effort to write a post on this subject.

@d3adc3II given you XP+1 for reading my posts and for the valuable input

"Your Quote" But the fail-safe is easy to pass. In fact, by "easy" i meant 95% of the player base can get it passed. "Quote"

So how would 95% players bypass it can you explain more in detail? I can't see how cheats can bypass 5 anti cheat reports, players are connected by account ids not just by player names.

"Your Quote" If I kick someone wrongly, I will get ban for 1 week "Quote"

If you kick 3 people wrongly as mistakes do happen, so watching in spectator mode would be beneficial in reporting cheats.

"Your Quote" The reason why "obvious cheaters" are blatant is because they are not afraid the consequence. So your solution will work in the first 1 or 2 months when it implements.

After the cheaters know he will get kick if he cheats very openly, they will do it more careful. In other word, they still cheat and not get kicked. "Quote"

Cheats are already doing this, flick that aim lock button just after getting shot and wounded. Even cheats hiding undercover pretending they are pros makes mistakes. Just like this one cheat I was watching for 20 minutes, he hid every action very well until the end of the match where he was against 3 players on his own. The only problem he slipped up whilst he was shooting at another player he must of pressed "switch target" button on he's cheat program as it tried to shoot the person under him, just after that happened the person under him came out and got instantly shoot down whilst still shooting at the other player.

p.s for percentage of people posting in this subject saying it would be abused doesn't declare that this feature would not work. Testing a feature out would declare if a feature works or not.

Thank you for everyone's input so far.

Still one question nobody has answered "DO YOU WANT CHEATS KICKED instantly IN REAL TIME"

Message 47 of 48 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@OggOne  There is currently years worth of data on the subject already just have to look for it. Every game that has a kick function is abused by everyone and it affects millions who play at any point in their life. The goal was to boot cheaters and toxic players but turned against the justified players in a shake of a lambs tail it just doesn't solve anything unfortunately it just creates another problem. 

Message 48 of 48 (333 Views)