Re: Cheater, cheating announcement

by MotherPhoker

Original Post

Cheater, cheating announcement

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This post was originally posted by kingyuhi1125 in Japanese so I translated it to English and here's what it says. THIS IS NOT MY IDEA NOR DO I CARE ABOUT IT, I TRANSLATED IT SO HE COULD GET FEED BACK.

"How about adding a function to let all players know when a cheater is discovered and reported?

By doing so, the player who knows the existence of the cheater can play with caution.

In addition, you can also know whether the cheetah is on your side, and cheater and general players on the same team can avoid a ban by leaving."

Message 1 of 11 (737 Views)

★ Pro

If a cheater was discovered with absolute certainty he would/should be kicked from the game and banned. If there's no certainty, then publicly calling him out would be utterly irresponsible.

Message 2 of 11 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Biochemikas Works in Battlfield? Plus, I'm in favor of doing this. Publicly shaming hackers is a good thing to do. But then again, I don't think they (hackers) would mind, as most of them haven't hit puberty yet.
Message 3 of 11 (601 Views)

@GameAnax I despise cheaters, they ruin it foe honest players. How ever, this is a bad idea. It will lead to harassment, bullying or worse.

I also feel like it would be more effective and a better use of resources, to just work on patches and other things that make cheating more difficult and less effective. That will impact all cheaters instead of the few who get caught.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

The problem is the times when you're wrong. Publicly accusing some1 of a crime is 100 times worse than banning him wrongly and then removing the ban, all done silently and discretely.

As I said, publicly announcing the "hacker" simply has no use: if you're sure he's hacking, you ban him and kick him from the game - what's the point of announcing anything if that person is completely removed from the picture? And if you're not sure, then publicly announcing something is literally the worst you could do - you could be facing charges for defamation for things like that (I don't think anyone would press charges for ruining their player name, but legally they could).

The only time a public announcement would make any sense if they detected a hacker with certainty but for whatever reason let him finish the game.

Message 5 of 11 (536 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PREDA_LouM

I'm with Biochemikas on this one. While publicly shaming hackers seems like a decent idea to discourage cheating, the cases where players are wrong highly diminishes any positive returns.

@DarthValtrex also made a valid point. A system like that would be too easy for trolls to abuse.
Message 6 of 11 (508 Views)

★★★ Guide
@GameAnax *** In a perfect system with 0% false positives.
No such system will ever exist. That is why cheaters are still a problem...
Message 7 of 11 (465 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is a hack fest on apex legends now... like 70 % and most of them are asian...

Message 8 of 11 (454 Views)

★ Guide

ROFL harassment and bullying ONLINE, this generation is full of snowflakes, never going to grow up to be tough in life.

i remember the old days when getting beaten at school and having your lunch money taken from you completed by a nice juicy spit in your face was the REAL harassment and bullying

Message 9 of 11 (422 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MotherPhoker and...?
Message 10 of 11 (416 Views)