Re: Charge Rifle

by KelRiever

Original Post

Charge Rifle

★ Pro

Anybody else think this should get a nerf?  Honestly, it takes little skill to use but does a lot of damage.  Also, it promotes ratting.  

Message 1 of 15 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@swift07 It doesn’t promote ratting but more of long range combat. Ratting is not firing at all.

I know that it’s incredibly frustrating to get hit by Charge Rifle Charlies but I don’t want it nerfed. I do however want it buffed like the season 3 charge rifle but placed inside the carepack.
Message 2 of 15 (535 Views)

★ Pro

charge rifles take little skill to use and I think they should be nerfed but I also would not be opposed to them only being in care packages.  

I beg to differ on the definition of ratting.  I think it goes beyond hiding in obscure places.  

Message 3 of 15 (524 Views)

★★★ Guide
@swift07 It did get a nerf. On distance you will loose damage.
Message 4 of 15 (500 Views)

★★★ Expert
@swift07 It takes little skill to AIM, but it only fires four shots before you need to spend twenty minutes reloading, and it isn't as if they're thick on the ground thanks to Respawn's "rapid response streamer hotline" ensuring that things that frustrate streamers end up relegated to pariah status. And please stop using derogatory terminology like "ratting" to describe any playstyle other than "drop hot, shoot often, die early."
Message 5 of 15 (445 Views)

★ Apprentice

Take this crap weapon out of control. Respawn of course does the stupidest thing possible which is put a Charge Rifle on a tiny map island. Imagine Stormpoint with Charge Rifles shooting you constantly while trying to dodge an R-301 from another enemy. "Oh but this somehow makes it better because reasons..." I can hear the lame excuses now. Just put it in the care pack or remove it from the game. Put in real weapons and not these candy cane fruity loop laser beam trash cans.

Message 6 of 15 (434 Views)

★★ Guide

Hot take:

Leave the Charge Rifle as it is. I can count on one hand how many times I've been downed by that rifle. It's a great suppression weapon, and at the same time broadcasts the shooter's position the most out of any weapon to effect battlefield balance.

Like most other weapons, it's just a matter of knowing what to do-- in this case, it's don't peek unless you can counter, because it will punish you for it.

Message 7 of 15 (413 Views)

Champion
@swift07 I enjoy hunting people using them.
Message 8 of 15 (384 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don’t find the Charge rifle to be any kind of problem 

Message 9 of 15 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you are getting hot by a charge rifle try moving. 

Message 10 of 15 (339 Views)