Re: Characters are Tiny as Ants

by low_tier_squid

Original Post

Characters are Tiny as Ants

★ Apprentice

Anyone else experience this game is like shooting at ants? Never in my life have I experienced any kind of iron sight to reveal my humanoid enemy to be as small as an ant? Perhaps its just my old a** monitor not being able to display true 1080p? Or maybe my eyes are finally giving in early? My monitor is only 20 inches!! hahah

Message 1 of 9 (556 Views)

Community Manager

I've played the game on a number of different monitors and not seen an issue such as you describe @Goal_Line_0.

Can I ask what monitor it is you are using, it may be a case that playing around with some of the options both in-game and on the monitor may help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko wrote:

I've played the game on a number of different monitors and not seen an issue such as you describe @Goal_Line_0.

Can I ask what monitor it is you are using, it may be a case that playing around with some of the options both in-game and on the monitor may help.

Darko

Hannspree HF207,  20inch LCD monitor. Its native resolution is 1600x900. Its about 9 years old or so. Its was a good monitor for around the time HDMI was getting popular. Ive played everything on it but newer games like CoD Blacks Ops4  and this Apex Legends, i suffer from cloudy blurry imagery or very small characters when in high resolutions. Only when I can change to 720p is when games look crisp and clear. I suppose im just way out dated.

Thinking back, Witcher 3 was the first game I experienced environments looking very cloudy and blurry. The ps4 can switch to 720p and it helps so much with clarity.

Message 3 of 9 (515 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Goal_Line_0 wrote:

@EA_Darko wrote:

Darko

Hannspree HF207,  20inch LCD monitor. Its native resolution is 1600x900. Its about 9 years old or so. Its was a good monitor for around the time HDMI was getting popular. Ive played everything on it but newer games like CoD Blacks Ops4  and this Apex Legends, i suffer from cloudy blurry imagery or very small characters when in high resolutions. Only when I can change to 720p is when games look crisp and clear. I suppose im just way out dated.

Thinking back, Witcher 3 was the first game I experienced environments looking very cloudy and blurry. The ps4 can switch to 720p and it helps so much with clarity.

I think at that lower resolution coupled with the smaller size of the monitor....players even at medium distance may look very "crunched". That might be your problem? Are you playing Apex on Ps4 or PC?

Message 4 of 9 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

time to upgrade. get a 32 inch 1440p.

Message 5 of 9 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@boolboo wrote:

@Goal_Line_0 wrote:

@EA_Darko wrote:

Darko

I think at that lower resolution coupled with the smaller size of the monitor....players even at medium distance may look very "crunched". That might be your problem? Are you playing Apex on Ps4 or PC?

Mainly PC. Both PC and PS4 are played on the same monitor via HDMI switch.

And yes you are correct. If I turn up the resolution to 1920x1080, the rendered image will stretch to fit my 20" in a native 1600x900. Basically high resolution detail being shrunk down means bad quality -- its actually gets harder to see. I'm gonna try a resolution lower than my native resolution tonight and see what happens. 

Message 6 of 9 (407 Views)

★ Apprentice

Lower resolution definitely helps. I also realized my colors are all bad. I color corrected and its definitely a massive improvement.. It really does look like i need a new monitor. RIP the o'days.

Message 7 of 9 (357 Views)

Community Manager

With an older monitor, a lower resolution should help @Goal_Line_0.

Beyond that there's not really a whole lot I can recommend outside of getting a new monitor.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (294 Views)

★★ Guide

To quote Shatner in Futurama "we are nothing more than pawns in his diabolical game of checkers"

Message 9 of 9 (280 Views)