Re: Character variant

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think this is necessary because there were things that significantly disrupted the balance. But they should revive their appearance as cosmetics.

Message 11 of 23 (1,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

😂🤣😂Try comparing it to my GW2 yearly average of 300hrs every year since it came out. I just love PVZ. It's about comperable in GW2, but there's 54,000 levels total as opposed to BFN's 1,000 total. Needless to say it takes a lot longer to fully level up. 

Message 12 of 23 (1,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I really think they should add character variants, it is one BIG aspect of the game that they removed. Me and my friends were playing GW2 and it was what motivated us to keep playing and ranking up all of the characters. I do agree that if they don't add any variants, they should atleast add basic attack modes.

Message 13 of 23 (1,268 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If there won't be variants, at least let us name our 3 customizations for each class. Give us something to make the Plants and Zombies we play as feel like they're ours, and not the same as everyone's. Cosmetics only go so far.

Message 14 of 23 (1,247 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I love variants, some more than others, but it was a lot of fun in GW 1 and 2. I'll miss the 'Bu wa ha ha ha ha ha!" from the Vampire Flower more than anything.

But I understand why they would remove them too. Balancing them both within their main class and then with other main classes and variants had to be a nightmare, detonation characters were obnoxious, party characters went from awful to amazing, and some variants were just clearly better than others.

That all being said, let's see some cool stuff like alternate weapons for zombies, different style mechs, crazy elemental skins for plants, etc.

Message 15 of 23 (1,237 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't remember who, but someone advocated for weapon skins for Zombies that did elemental damage. While I don't know how well that would play out, I think that they need to heavily compensate the lack of variants by heavily overhauling their customization system. Weapon skins for zombies, naming of the 3 customization slots for characters, and importing GW2 cosmetics. And not getting 1 item at a time with that God awful capsule system.

Message 16 of 23 (1,234 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well I've just been playing in wierding woods and faced off against a blue pea that I assumed was frozen pea. So if the AIs are spawning in variants surely that mean we will eventually? But I agree, levelling all the types kept me going till I maxed out. I'm interested to see how they will retain people if we only get to max the basic characters. Collecting lots of skins doesnt really interest me.

Message 17 of 23 (1,140 Views)

★ Guide

Ice pea: Your primary weapon has less splash, recoil, and travels faster. Enemies hit are slowed. Unlocks at Advanced II, costs 4 per points.

That's my projection for what it will look like.

Message 18 of 23 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Basically pvz bfn is a game on its own and has nothing to do with gw 1 or 2 even the story changed maybe someday there will be gw3

Message 19 of 23 (846 Views)

★ Novice
@WavvyGunz 10 hours is nothing for a game that will be out for the next couple of years while we await the next one.

Perhaps you're the young one.
Message 20 of 23 (649 Views)