Re: Character variant

by newbebop

Original Post

Character variant

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Will there be character variants such as the toxic pea and the astronaut scientist? Collecting them and playing them was one of my favorite parts of the garden warefare games.

Message 1 of 23 (10,617 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Variants will not be in BFN unless something changes.

Characters will have a pool of upgrades to choose from (only so many upgrades can be active at once) and can be saved in 3 different configurations per character (including customizations) but traditional variants we’ve yet to see/hear about.

Message 2 of 23 (10,550 Views)

★ Guide
@spIash_damage this sucks. No variants, no GW game.
Message 3 of 23 (10,241 Views)

★ Apprentice

@elkarmo84 wrote:
@spIash_damagethis sucks. No variants, no GW game.

Technically, this is not a GW" game. This is a Pvz game.

That will be one of the reasons they changed the name.

Personally I love the variants and collecting them all, the unique abilities.. However, there has been no definite information stating this will not be available in the future, maybe just awaiting full release in October before bringing even more surprises. 

Message 4 of 23 (10,220 Views)

★ Guide

I'd wait until the release to say there isn't going to be variants. But, the variants were in the PVZGW2 beta so, I believe we are just going to have to build our own variants by adding abilities. (I'm definitely a fan of the pre-build variants and the fun of trying to collect them all)

Message 5 of 23 (10,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does the  current customization allow for something like fire damage of the pea?

Message 6 of 23 (9,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I say that if enough players ask for it, they will add variants in the form of character upgrades that swap primary weapons and abilities.

Sample templates:

Electro Chomper: Swap chomp for an electric spray. Unlocks at Super Elite I; Costs 6 points.

Nec'rose: Allow Rose to charge shots to jinx targets, but do less damage on uncharged shots. Unlocks at Advanced III: Costs 4 points.

These are examples. I think if they do this, they will probably allow for 8 upgrade points and give characters 15 promotional ranks. Please do this, EA, your players will thank you.

Message 7 of 23 (9,285 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think that they should add variants as they were before OR, make it so that the costumes for the characters make it so the characters have variant like abilities

Message 8 of 23 (8,970 Views)

★★ Guide

I bet they add variants later as a reward for the higher tier levels they'll have to add. I'm already level 173. I have 2 characters fully leveled. At this rate I'll have all the characters fully leveled in less than a month. It only takes about 10 hours of play per character. Needless to say, leveling up is a major incentive in player retention. They'll have to add some sort of reward for leveling up if they push up the level cap for each character. 

Message 9 of 23 (8,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It only take 10 hours of play !? Why do you say that like that's easy to achieve ? You must be a really young kid.

Message 10 of 23 (8,646 Views)