Re: Character usage limit

by Kexlar

Original Post

Character usage limit

★★★ Novice

Honesty, limiting teams to 2 or 3 maximum for a character could help both the players and developers. Yes night cap may be a little strong right now. But the community will only just take advantage of the next most mechanically viable character. This way the players won't have to deal with these issues and can just target that character as a team and developers can ease into an appropriate patch update for that characters. I mean the game was designed to play all 20 characters in the end.

(Would recommend including this at lunch to maintain the longevity of the game)

Message 1 of 7 (526 Views)

★ Guide

Limiting to 4 is the lowest number EA will go too, thanks to team play classes. However, I have not seen numbers above 5 recently, and teams with that didn't work. One of the most effective teams I was on recently had 2-3 Nightcaps, who did almost nothing, no acorns, and was carried by a Sunflower and 2 Citrons.

Not only will a limit prevent players getting attacked by 2 or 3 of the same character at once, it will also make team compositions stronger. 

Message 2 of 7 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@fakecrash92 I do wonder how much usage of the same high-damage characters will change, once we all settle into the game a bit more? Atm the new characters are exactly that - new, so many of us are kind of over-using them to see how they'll play. You see that in GW2 as well every time characters are showcased - you've suddenly got 75% of the zombie team playing Toxic Brainz & it's no fun at all!
What I would love most if you were going to place some kind of limit, would be a way of stopping people playing MASTERED attack-class characters when there are lots of others playing the same characters & no or few support characters in a team. Have seen so many low-rank players master one strong character then just play with that every game regardless of the team set-up.
Message 3 of 7 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@CRAAAZZYChomperWell they should probably think about changing that since the 3 shields for space cadets is a bit much and oak constantly healing is kind of overkill considering the mech has a cool down and can't heal. Lowering them down to 3 players wouldn't be the worst idea.

Message 4 of 7 (471 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ToastedSarnie I completely agree with the new characters thing. That's why I think they should allow for the players to be free with the characters now as this is kind of a game testing period and everyone needs to play all of them in order to give feedback to the developers.
Message 5 of 7 (464 Views)

★ Apprentice

The more I play the more I see that NC isnt the issue. I've been on the plants were we had 4-5 NC and the entire other side had 2 lv 3 space station and engineers. They completely destroyed us. We couldnt get past the first point

Message 6 of 7 (433 Views)

★ Guide

I have just this second come from a game, I was playing as Zombies attacking, the plants had 10 Acorns and 2 Sunflowers, we were getting hammered because of the Acorns transforming.  So I said over comms, all choose engineer.  We had 9 Engineers and 3 healers, they lost lol.  Just have to counter them, same goes for Shrooms, lots of them? NP go Engineer.  

But yes, there does need to be a limit as everyone and their dog wants to be either Acorns or Shroom,  its not much of a problem when Playing Zombies, you might get say 3 games out of a days play where there are lots of Engineers but not like how bad it is on Plants.

Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)