Re: Character nerf

by ronson122

Original Post

Character nerf

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Air strike ultimates are becoming a balancing issue. Personally I think they should be replaced altogether. But at least one of them needs to go. It’s far too over powered when you can air strike a team 2 times in one fight. Otherwise as far as I can tell every other character is balanced except maybe caustic who’s special and ultimate can be over powered in certain situations. The game is great otherwise but I’m probably going to move on if this air strike issue continues. Edit: To clarify I’m referring to when one squad has a Gibraltar and a Bangalore and they can both air strike you back to back

Message 1 of 9 (574 Views)

★★ Guide

I hope this is a joke thread. I've probably died to like 2 airstikes all week and killed like 5 guys all week with my airstikes. They are easy to dodge and counter.. 

Message 2 of 9 (566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s not a joke. I agree one air strike is usually easy to dodge and deal with but when you get pushed and your getting air striked back to back mid gun fun fight you have no chance. You take damage and your stunned so IMO having the ability to use two like that is overpowered. Just lost two games to it back to back. Also I’m a console player so movement speed is slower meaning it’s more effective on me than it would be on PC

Message 3 of 9 (556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also it can be too effective in endgame circles without any buildings. If you air strike the last team in an open final circle you push them out of the only cover they have (likely just a rock or plateau) and leave them as easy targets. Either that or they get hit and stunned and you push. It’s almost a guaranteed win in those situations. Adding a second air strike in this situation is just taking it one step further

Message 4 of 9 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s the only ultimate that can give you a huge leg up without needing gun skill

Message 5 of 9 (547 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ultimates to me for offensive characters should be something strong enough to give that team an advantage. If I use my ultimate as an offensive character I’m expecting to win at the very least a 1v1 consistently.

Good teamwork should be rewarded too. 2x airstrike should net a team a win in a 3v3 imo. Is it op to be able to do this numerous times a match? I can’t say I know how many you can do in a match without ultimate boost. Can’t be more than 3.

We can say nerf this or that, but at the end of the day the most powerful team compositions and weapon load outs will prevail. The strongest combinations will undoubtedly become the meta.

Maybe you are onto something.
Message 6 of 9 (496 Views)

★★ Guide

Every time I fought Fatty McFatfat today I just shot down his shield and shot his fat face.  Every time I fought the smoke chick I just walked between the missiles in the ground and I didn't get hit.

Message 7 of 9 (467 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You literally get markers for where the airstrike will drop and a delay on the drop.....

Message 8 of 9 (393 Views)

★★ Guide

also note that Gibraltar's aitstrike is the only thing he has going for him,his 2 shields are easy countered and he has the BIGGEST hitbox in the game,all the other classes out class him massively,take his airstrike and he goes from situanional to complete useless.

Message 9 of 9 (380 Views)