Re: Battlefield V - Update 4.2

So far so good on PS4; haven't come across any ghosts yet Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 31 of 101 (1,299 Views)

★★ Pro
@TTZ_Dipsy Sounds good to me! Standard smile
Can´t wait to start playing myself, but yesterday it was 38°C in my computer room, when coming home after work. Neither me or my computer want to work with this heat, so I have to wait a bit. :/
Message 32 of 101 (1,263 Views)

★★ Pro

I´m not seeing any invisible soldiers so far, so good job on that part. Standard smile

But I did just see my first partial invisible tank on Aerodrom. I can not tell which tank it was, because I´m pretty much a infantry only player, but I will try to record it next time I see it.

Message 33 of 101 (1,215 Views)

Ya people have started to report invisible tanks on twitter so the team is aware of the issue. I haven't personally seen any though (I guess that's the point lol), 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 34 of 101 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic Hey I previously thought my po8 carbine mastery 3 assignment was bugged over a month ago so I reported it as a bug and since the patch I thought it would be fixed.

Kill 30 enemies under 30m
Kill 15 enemies under 30m in 1 round

I've been killing enemies from like 1 to 5-10m and still nothing is going toward my assignment.
Something up with it or is it not worded right?
Message 35 of 101 (1,160 Views)

Battlefield V - Update 4.2.1

EA DICE Team

Hi folks,

Following last weeks 4.2 deployment, we're deploying a small update tomorrow, Tuesday 30th July, that will enable Marita, and set live our two new Elites. This update contains no other fixes, or changes to Battlefield V.

These updates are anticipated to clock in at around the 500MB mark on Xbox One, and 300MB on PC. I'll update this post tomorrow confirming anticipated sizes for PlayStation 4.

Deployment for this update will start in line with our usual schedule:

• PC -       1AM PT // 4AM ET // 9AM BST // 10AM CEST

• PS4 -     2AM PT // 5AM ET // 10AM BST // 11AM CEST

• Xbox -   3AM PT // 6AM ET // 11AM BST // 12PM CEST

There will be no general downtime for this update, and once it's available for your platform you're encouraged to close any active session that you have, and attempt to relaunch the game in order to start downloading and installing. Servers with players connected who are running the older version will be able to complete their matches, and new servers on the newer version will be spun up as folks queue via Quickplay Matchmaking.

Marita will then go live at 12PM CEST on all Platforms, and we will activate a Marita only playlist at this time. The playlist will rotate between 1 Round of Conquest, and 2 Rounds of Breakthrough (Attack/Defend) on this Map only. Marita will otherwise be included in the full rotations of Conquest, Breakthrough, and Team Deathmatch (appearing after Arras in Conquest, after Devastation in Breakthrough, and after Al Sundan on TDM) at this same time.

Two hours after the map rotations are available, we'll set both Ilse and Norman live in the store.

Starting on August 8th, we'll have a newer Marita playlist live for 32 Player modes that switches between Domination, Frontlines, and TDM.

Known Issue - Through testing on Marita, we've discovered a minor issue whilst certain Weapon Skins are equipped in the Receiver slot.  Under certain circumstances, an overly bright reflection from the Sun can cause an unintentional Glare effect that's present with Aiming Down Sight. This is most prominent when a reflective skin is applied (e.g. Gold Plated, White Tiger, Blued etc.), and can be lessened by switching to a different skin in your Receiver slot.

Examples of the most extreme instances of this are shown below (under both of the maps weather conditions).

Thanks otherwise for your feedback last week on the 4.2 Update. We're pleased to see that there are less instances of the Invisible Soldier issue, though we want to reduce this back down to a flat zero as soon as we're able too. Over the next few weeks I'll be working with the teams to identify and talk to you all some more about what else to expect in our 4.4 Update, and bring you back more information about Al Sundan on Conquest. Getting content out to you in a healthy state remains an important priority for us and as soon as I know more, I'll be back to talk with you all about it.

A final note that we're really appreciative for all of the feedback you've provided to us on this updated version of Rush. It will be replaced tomorrow by the Marita only rotation, and we can now start to explore where we take the mode next. We were very keen to stick to the same three maps for this second outing, but with the heavily refreshed ruleset and newer behaviors vs. sticking with the way the mode was and just adding new maps. I'll be linking in with Kenturrac once he's back from his Vacation to share your feedback and talk about what extra changes we might want to make so that we can see about planing some more expansion to the mode. In August we'll be looking to reintroduce both Grind and Fortress in a similar fashion.

Enjoy Marita!

Adam Freeman
Battlefield Community Manager
Twitter: @PartWelsh

(Source)

/Atic

Message 36 of 101 (1,373 Views)

Re: Battlefield V - Update 4.2.1

EA DICE Team

Patch is live on PC and PS4 now! 

We will start working on the Xbox One patch soon. 

/Atic

Message 37 of 101 (1,347 Views)

EA DICE Team

Xbox patch is live and so is the Marita map! 

Let us know what you think. 

/Atic 

Message 38 of 101 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Pro

Download now . Enjoy battlefield life :eahigh_file:

Message 39 of 101 (1,338 Views)

EA DICE Team

A heads up on joining servers on PC and you get a high ping: 

A note to folks on PC that we initially saw servers spun up in the incorrect region. This has presented an issue where it's created fewer servers in certain regions and folks are now sat staring at a Server Browser, hoping that new servers appear.

Best thing to do is leave your server if you're showing as having a high ping (connected outside of your region) and then re-queue via the Matchmaking Menu vs. the Server Browser. When enough people queue in the same region, it correctly stands up a new server

The issue will otherwise resolve itself naturally over the course of the next few hours as folks update to the newer version and hop onto Battlefield.

(source)

/Atic 

Message 40 of 101 (1,338 Views)