Re: Changes that MUST be made

by KhastrKu

Original Post

Changes that MUST be made

★★★★★ Novice

I would like to start by saying that I love Apex Legends and have been consistently playing it since it’s release date. I have played almost 7000 games with over 4,000,000 damage across all 6 seasons and have witnessed some excellent changes as well as some not so great ones. I have also made sure to buy the battle pass every season. Recently I have enjoyed season 6 with the additional of the eco shields as I feel it adds some balance. Although I will most likely continue to play this game everyday regardless of the changes that are made I have compiled a list of minor tweaks that MUST be made in order to improve the overall quality of the game.

1) Wraith’s tactical ability needs to have a shorter start up time.

- The tactical is no longer a viable option for getting yourself out of tight spaces because of the lengthy and unnecessary animation.

2) Energy weapons need to be balanced. 
- The volt and other energy weapons are an excellent addition to the game but seems to be overpowered compared to other weapons. 

3) Modify the layout of World’s End. 
- There are many locations that aren’t very good spots to land and the overall topography is not balanced enough to support players who don’t camp on peaks That can’t be climbed.

Message 1 of 9 (376 Views)

Champion

@StormTrooper1150  I personally find the North Eastern part of WE to be utterly pointless, it literally might as well not be there.

There are no POI's, no minor loot areas such as loot bin clusters, the ring never finishes there. It's literally just dead space, meanwhile the rest of the map is literally cluttered with POI's and loot spots.

It would be great if respawn would create a takeover event and add a new legend spot there, much like they  did with  mirage voyage. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (346 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag Oh a Wattson event could be fun and an area dedicated to her.. Giant interceptor the cycles on and off.. Have a ring around the interceptor tower, when the tower is on, it charges fences.. Maybe have it cycle on and off 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Talk about an area that could get intense fast.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 9 (321 Views)

Champion

@DarthValtrex  That would be cool, running on with your idea  like a grid setup of fence nodes, that created random fence layouts throughout the area on a time delay, perhaps buff these specific fences up to 15 damage. Tongue out

Definitely wouldn't want to be caught there on ring close haha.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 9 (318 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag I'd start low on the damage, haha people will rage over it I'm sure. The chaos and sitting duck aspect of it.. Wraith and Wattson would come in real handy in that place.

Speaking of Wattson, I had an odd win last night.. Solo Mirage at the place that used to be drill site, I go up to him almost kill him with a Devo. jump through a wattson fence that had been left from drop, either he or the fence knocked me as I ran to heal.. He decided to follow me through the fence and died. hahaha I have a clip of it.

Message 5 of 9 (311 Views)

Champion
@StormTrooper1150 I play with a wraith main daily. They never seem to have an issue phasing out of a tough spot.

The volt is a bit ridiculous. Too easy to control and way to much damage per bullet. At least the devo takes some skill or a decent barrel to control.

Worlds edge issue is half the teams dying in 3 minutes in fragment. I've seen randoms drop epicenter, loot a whopping 3 bins and then run all the way to the broken building just to be killed instantly.

#blowupfragment
Message 6 of 9 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhorI think it depends on the tough spot and how difficult of a lobby you're in as to whether or not the tactical can be used. Top skill lobbies it's extremely hard to make the tactical useful as an escape tool unless you have some cover already.

She is still a good legend and still a top legend. I think some of the complaints come from trying to break habits from the old tactical. It's not the get ouf of jail free card that it used to be. But it's not useless either. I use it most frequently when I have downed an enemy form a squad and need to pull back so the enemies teammates don't drop me. Tends to work best when your teammates are right there with you and can provide some cover 

The tactical is still very useful to lay down a portal to get your team out of there or

Message 7 of 9 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My issue is that they want the game to be balanced but how is letting every other legend use their ability instantly and make her have this lengthy animation. Pathfinder can swing out in a moments notice. Plus it’s not like her ability lets you get very far from the fight or makes her invisible.

Message 8 of 9 (234 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@StormTrooper1150 Unlike Pathfinder though, Wraith's tactical does make you invulnerable to damage while it's active which occasionally can still have a big impact in certain scenarios. If they fix her ridiculous hitbox then would be open to phase being adjusted again.
Message 9 of 9 (207 Views)