Change some game aspects

by DefEnDer_aLgeria

Original Post

Re: Change some game aspects

★★★★ Apprentice
@apostolateofDOOM No such thing as real religion so......
Message 11 of 35 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOMI love religious topic and my first reaction was ‘what in peanutbutter’s name?!’ but seeing how the conversation goes I kept laughing more and more.

“ My religion forbids playing games that has any relation with other religions such as christianity crosses, multiple gods, magic ect....” What religion do you have, cause that’s a very specific requirement to place into one religion.

Second, like it’s been stated, nobody forces you to play Apex, so (kindly) demanding things to be changed just for your gratification (and possibly others as you stated) is a mute point as you can either not play certain characters or leave the game as a whole.

Third: Science fiction games seemingly don’t have religion in them the way you stated your reply. Lemme work of a list of games: Dead Space, Apex, Star trek series, Star Wars series, Alien Isolation, Alien Space Marines, Mass Effect, Anthem.... quite certain Destiny as well all have small to big parts either dedicated towards religion or some religious artifacts, conversations or themes in their games. I can name others as well. Being in 1 category doesn’t exclude religion being brought into the mix. Especially not in games.

Lastly: Change some code... yea, it’s really that simple to reengineer an entire game with ppl doing other voice lines, maybe religious characters doing different animation etc.

It is not... that. Simple.

Lastly: China has heavy regulations for multiple reasons but most aren’t religiously tied but economically & academically.

It’s also a good ending: “help me or stay silent”. I thought religion was about coming together or finding a common ground and not about excluding other minded people.

Oh right... there’s no such thing as ‘everyone happy’ so in this case you’re the odd one out unfortunately

Brother DOOM, I think I was exceedingly civil here

Message 12 of 35 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DefEnDer_aLgeriaBloodhound worships multiple gods, why your religion should be more important than theirs? Other people of your religion have no problem because someone else's religion doesn't offend them. I am atheist and yet I am not going around asking people to stop being religious lol.

Message 13 of 35 (296 Views)

Champion

I think you all just got trolled......

Message 14 of 35 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I actually saw a similar complaint in the past.
Message 15 of 35 (282 Views)

★★★ Expert
@DefEnDer_aLgeria Ok, you're actually asking for a version that is OK for players of your religion, which is not impossible and not something that hasn't been done before.

The question is if it's worth it. Is there enough demand to cover the expenses of creating such a version? What you ask is not an easy change, there's much more than just changing a few lines of code. New actors are needed, a new story version has to be created, skins have to be adjusted, many texts and sounds to be adjusted for each language currently supported, etc..

There's no product in this world that can satisfy every demand. Video games require a lot of effort even for supporting a few languages and meeting the requirements of a few different markets. The studios are not obligated in any way to meet specific markets, they are free to choose what they prefer.

It's unfortunate that you can't play the game due to your religion. You don't have much choice, yu can ask, but don't get your hopes up, I doubt there's a market for what you want to be worth it.
Message 16 of 35 (274 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BrainDeadWraiths The religion of DOOM is real! 

@Koochi-Q I think you covered most of the points and in a more civil manner than I. Personally would have expanded on the China part because of personal grievances as he brought it up but all in all your brother is proud!  All hail slayer!

Message 17 of 35 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp There were actually. Multiple, but all different. Most just wanted their specific religion be mentioned or referred to in the game. Not to take the religiousness out of the game tho xD.

@apostolateofDOOM yea I could’ve extended it, but China regulations aren’t my forté so I just did the main stuff without divulging too much and possibly made an error while touching upon it :P

All hail slayer and praise be with you for honoring the name of DOOM to blasphemers! xD
Message 18 of 35 (260 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Mine either but making errors is fine, just learn as you go! xD
Message 19 of 35 (244 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe One of my very close friends is a Muslim and out of all the legends, he likes Bloodhound the most. I have never once seen him mention this problem, this is a not a problem for a specific religion rather a problem for religious extremist people following that religion.

And the OP said other people of his religion are ignorant lol. Turned on his own so quick.
Message 20 of 35 (242 Views)