Change game language in the new ea app

by Simskrystallen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change game language in the new ea app

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm getting a lot of complaints about EA's new app.
I think it was perhaps a little too early to force people over to the new app.

Because in the new app you cannot for example choose Norwegian as the language. And users also have no option to change the language in the games. This is very frustrating and I hope someone can take this up with someone who can resolve these issues with the new app.

----

Best regards,
Simskrystallen

CM edit: removed name to protect player privacy.

Message 1 of 19 (7,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Change game language in the new ea app

Community Manager
@Simskrystallen, ah, that's a different issue than what this thread seems to be about. Standard smile Thanks for passing that on, I have escalated it to our teams.

There seems to be a temporary solution for this issue, though. Maybe you can give this a try: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-reinstalled-the-sims-chose-Norwegian-but-it-shows-in....
EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 6 of 19 (7,453 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @Simskrystallen,

It is indeed correct that the EA app itself isn't available in all languages where Origin was available in. Thanks for the feedback regarding that.

However, you should still be able to change the install language of a game when, if you that is something you want to do.

To do this, you have to reinstall the game in the language where you want it to be installed in. You can only change the install language of a game during the install process, by clicking on "Change" next to where it says "Language" > "English".
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 19 (7,683 Views)

★ Guide

Seriously @EA_Leeuw.
I am the owner of Norway's largest private website for The Sims news. My identity is not exactly very hidden. But ok. :-P

In the meantime, I have been in contact with SimGuruLaylaika, who is the "Nordic Integrated Communications Manager". And she is on the case. You most likely know who it is.

This was her last reply:

Hey Simon,
there definitely is something up, for me all is well in Swedish but Norwegian seems off.
I have escalated this, and I will let you know once it's sorted out.
Thanks for letting me know 🙂
/xxxxxx < Censored name

So things will hopefully settle down soon for those of us who want to play The Sims 4 in Norwegian again. ;-) 

----

Best regards,
Simon

Simskrystallen

Message 3 of 19 (7,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Simskrystallen,

On the forums, we have to remove any potential player-sensitive data.

Regarding the EA app/The Sims 4; I am not aware of anything sadly. At the moment, it doesn't seem like it is possible to install the EA app in the Norwegian language, same as for a lot of other (smaller) languages like Dutch for example. However, I have escalated this here internally.

Regarding installing a game it another language; it has always been possible to install The Sims 4 (and all other games that support other languages other than English) in another language via the EA app, via the method that I mentioned above.

Please see this image, for example:

Capture.PNG

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 19 (7,541 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Leeuw

The problem is:

Yes... You can select Norwegian as the language for The Sims 4. But if you select Norwegian as the game language, the game will be instaled with english language. That's is the BIG issue we have here in Norway. 😅

I have prefered the EA-app in Norwegian too. But a Norwegian language for The Sims 4 is more important! 🧐

Message 5 of 19 (7,522 Views)

Community Manager
@Simskrystallen, ah, that's a different issue than what this thread seems to be about. Standard smile Thanks for passing that on, I have escalated it to our teams.

There seems to be a temporary solution for this issue, though. Maybe you can give this a try: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-reinstalled-the-sims-chose-Norwegian-but-it-shows-in....
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 19 (7,454 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you very much @EA_Leeuw 😊

I have and I'm using Origin, but this is definitely a tip that I will share with other people who have problems with this. <3 

Best regards, 
Simon

Simskrystallen

Message 7 of 19 (7,430 Views)

Community Manager
@Simskrystallen, no bother. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 19 (7,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ursäkta om jag missuppfattade något men gick det att få Sims 4 på svenska i den nya värdelösa EA appen?

Sorry if I misunderstood something but was it possible to get Sims 4 in Swedish in the new useless EA app?

Message 9 of 19 (7,204 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @14e2128705c056d3,

At the moment, the following languages are supported on Answers HQ: 

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 10 of 19 (7,136 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help