by KELTIK-KHAOS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Celebration Edition (Offline) Skins?

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? In-Game Store & Crates
Summarize your bug Celebration Edition content inaccessible in offline modes (with/without internet connection)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KELTIK-KHAOS
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 1/04/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:48am
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add content
What happens when the bug occurs? No content
What do you expect to see? The unlocked content that was advertised
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I am currently gaming on the PlayStation 4 console, and i am interested in purchasing SWBF2 Celebration Edition. Unfortunately, as i did some research on this Celebration Edition, i am seeing that OFFLINE gamers are unable to access the unlocked skins as advertised.

I do have an internet connection, yes. But, i do not have the PlayStation Plus subscription (nor will i) to access online play.

One of myy questions is this, is the Celebration Edition's unlockable content ONLY available and accessible via the online game modes, and/or just through the direct EA server connection(s)?

I will be playing the offline modes only, with the standard internet services provided through my internet provider (no PlayStation Plus for online game modes).

Now, my next question is, IF the content IS unlocked and accessible for offline game modes (without a PlayStation Plus subscrption to online game modes), what exactly are the steps for accessing these unlocked skins for in-game use during offline modes?

Thank you in advance,

KELTIK  

Message 1 of 11 (7,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Celebration Edition (Offline) Skins?

Hero (Retired)

@KELTIK-KHAOS 

I'm sorry, but without PlayStation Plus subscription you won't be able to play multiplayer at all in Star Wars Battlefront II. There will be only Single player mode available for you. All content that is included to the Celebration Edition is for multiplayer and available in multiplayer only.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (7,135 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@KELTIK-KHAOS 

I'm sorry, but without PlayStation Plus subscription you won't be able to play multiplayer at all in Star Wars Battlefront II. There will be only Single player mode available for you. All content that is included to the Celebration Edition is for multiplayer and available in multiplayer only.

Message 2 of 11 (7,136 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Much appreciated on the reply. Rather disappointed to know this though, hence this may deter myself and many others from EA products in the future.

Glad i wasn't unfortunate as to have paid for the Celebration Edition without doing the research first. I myself, am familiar enough with this type of situation as to know to look into it first, before expecting what is actually said to be advertised.

Though EA did not directly specify it was only accessible through online gameplay, i had a funny feeling it was too good to be true. Especially, for those of us that avoid online gaming, and the headaches that all to often tend to come with it.

Well, i now own (yet another) EA game that is more favorable to it's online gaming community than it is it's offline base. That's a real shame too.

Thanks again,

KELTIK

Message 3 of 11 (7,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there! I know I'm a little late to this party, but the other person was not correct at all. All the celebration skins can be used in both Arcade and Instant Action modes, both of which are playable offline. The game as of September has a very substantial amount of offline content, and more offline game types have been datamined as coming in the near future- the celebration upgrade works in all of them.

Message 4 of 11 (6,735 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Kaveral Nope, the skins cannot be used in any offline mode, you need to be connected to servers at all times to use Celebration Edition skins. Only skins purchased with credits are available offline. Shockingly poor from EA one again!
Message 5 of 11 (6,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You only need to connect once and the skins are available until you turn off the game. That does not change the fact that, yes, the skins can be used in offline game modes. The previous answer to the question implied you could only use the skins in multiplayer, which is factually untrue. 

Do you need to have an internet connection? Sure. Is that a big deal? Not really. Clearly the OP has internet, they should have no problems playing with their skins. Does it suck that you need to connect at least once per play session? Sure, but it's also understandable as that's how the servers verify ownership of the DLC. 

Message 6 of 11 (6,433 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Kaveral Yeah but what about the ce when the servers shut down?
Message 7 of 11 (6,193 Views)

★ Novice

OP is fine but that sucks for anyone else who buys this without knowing you have to have persistent internet connection and then is forever stuck with the default skins if they don't have PS Plus/XB Live. It's not too big a deal for my PC copy since my PC should always be connected, but this is pretty messed up tbh. It's a very big deal for those who are unaware.

Imagine paying nearly double for content you'll never have access to on your account because you don't pay for online multiplayer. Smh.

Message 8 of 11 (5,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi - sorry to bring this one back up! Just need clarification...

I want to upgrade to the Celebration Edition (Xbox One).  Is the extra content available if I choose to play the game in single player mode (ie Arcade etc) BUT still connected via Xbox Live?.

In other words, are the extra skins etc from Celebration Edition UNAVAILBLE to me only if I have no internet connection, or choose not to renew Xbox Live?  So if I am connected to the EA Servers for this game, the extra content from the Celebration Edition IS available to me in single player/arcade mode/ai bot mode etc.

Or is the extra content ONLY available in online Multiplayer modes only?

Thank you!

Message 9 of 11 (4,287 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

All the skins can be chosen in offline (singleplayer) modes - but they are blocked for you from the start of the game because your pc has not made one single internet connection to the EA servers to verify you truely own this game and because of this the skins are shown as multiplayer only. I hate EA for doing this and I have the same problem too - because I am not playing on the internet and never with internet connection etc. :-)

Message 10 of 11 (3,345 Views)