Re: Caustic was a huge mistake.

by heme725

Original Post

★★★ Expert

Hell no, keep Caustic! It's one of the most original legends, really fun to play with. The problems lies with the players. I'd say offensive is easier than defensive / support, that's why you see more bad Caustics, Gibraltars, Lifelines or Wattson than offensive legends. It's also harder to judge if offensive players are good or bad for the team, as you don't always get to see what they do, they may push, reload, switch weapons when they shouldn't, not dodge right or miss too many shots.

Only things I'd change to Caustic are to deploy gas cans faster and also do damage to enemies if they are hit by the thrown thing.

Message 21 of 36 (460 Views)

★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro Tell us how you really feel..
Message 22 of 36 (428 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro If I'm reading this right, this Caustic was just respawning when you were third partied meaning he probably wasn't able to get geared up for a gunfight? Sounds like he was just trying to not die a second time, and because you were Wraith with a R99 you didn't understand his situation properly and assumed he would come out with the second biggest hitbox to face a camping squad who had the high ground.
Also you never mentioned what your third teammate was doing this whole time
Message 23 of 36 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@DoYaSeeMe I think the biggest issue with Caustic in regular lobbies is everyone just wants to hold forward, which is fine because I think Caustic now can actually be effective doing that as well. People don't want to turtle up in a building with gas canisters and just want to constantly push fights as wins and losses don't mean much. I actually love using Caustic in regular lobbies and using him offensively then helping teammates/turtling up if they get downed, he is a lot of fune.

Now in Ranked I think any team is stoked to have a good Caustic on their team. He is a beast late game in the small zones with a bunch of players left, especially if you can lock down a building in the circle. His gas grenade is terrific.  

Message 24 of 36 (409 Views)

★ Guide

@NissanZaxima wrote:

@DoYaSeeMe I think the biggest issue with Caustic in regular lobbies is everyone just wants to hold forward, which is fine because I think Caustic now can actually be effective doing that as well. People don't want to turtle up in a building with gas canisters and just want to constantly push fights as wins and losses don't mean much. I actually love using Caustic in regular lobbies and using him offensively then helping teammates/turtling up if they get downed, he is a lot of fune.

Now in Ranked I think any team is stoked to have a good Caustic on their team. He is a beast late game in the small zones with a bunch of players left, especially if you can lock down a building in the circle. His gas grenade is terrific.  

Couldn't agree more here! 

Message 25 of 36 (381 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ajharris21 wrote:

@Wingmannedbroif your caustic hard just undone the door for you, you'd have had a well defended and safe place to heal up. It sounds like a random problem to me also

I didn't even need to heal until untill I got blasted because I couldn't get back in, he F'ed up big time. Not a random problem, it's specific to Caustic skills.

And safe was the last thing it was, since the enemy team intended to edge guard us with a soon to move ring we were outside of and get free kills on us.

Message 26 of 36 (373 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:
@WingmannedbroIf I'm reading this right, this Caustic was just respawning when you were third partied meaning he probably wasn't able to get geared up for a gunfight? Sounds like he was just trying to not die a second time, and because you were Wraith with a R99 you didn't understand his situation properly and assumed he would come out with the second biggest hitbox to face a camping squad who had the high ground.
Also you never mentioned what your third teammate was doing this whole time

Wrong, his deathbox was very close to the station, he looted everything back, with spare time to loot the pathfinder box who killed right next to his box, and after that we went on top of he roof where I killed the enemy wraith, we were looting that box when we got jumped by that squad.

Message 27 of 36 (371 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SwtHrtMrc wrote:
@WingmannedbroTell us how you really feel..

Angry, I'm quite sure i made that abundantly clear.

Message 28 of 36 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Some ideas for a more capable caustic. I love playing him and am kind of good at it too but he has some weaknesses that turn people off. So lets improve them.

1. A robot arm like bangalores to help him throw traps without having to use his hands.

2. Enemies hit with the gas should also be visible to allies and allies should not be slowed by the gas.

3. Traps should be visible to allies even behind walls and have a different color for enemy and friendly traps.

4. Might be OP but... while inside a gas cloud, the gas becomes transparent to him and he can clearly see outside.

Thats all for now. What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading.
Message 29 of 36 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro Yep your Caustic screwed you in that fight but that still sounds more like a player problem than a character problem. Personally I hate playing with a Caustic as well since they can use their tactical to block their own team mates into rooms and often force me to camp buildings with them. That said there's no balance issue with them so disliking them has to come down to mistakes real players made or the typical play style with that legend. 

Your Caustic messed up but you haven't explained any reason to remove him from the game.

Message 30 of 36 (296 Views)