Caustic making me rage.

by Ragerblade

Original Post

Caustic making me rage.

★★ Apprentice

I love the play style, I enjoy and glad I got him.

However, in a fight I get wrecked, and it is causing me some rage. Going from wraith too caustic is like night and day on fights. Not even talking about their ability.  Just I am able to do more, the wingman strafing means nothing if you are the size of a barn. Are they going to be doing anything about this?

Message 1 of 5 (422 Views)

Re: Caustic making me rage.

★ Guide
I agree. His character model is just too big. I do love the concept of him though but in such a fast paced game I tend to overlook on using him. They also need to do something about his gas affecting your own teammates. Countless times a team will push our area and I 'll drop his traps only to slow my own team down.
Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

sad but true...easy to drop those big characters...almost feel bad lighting them up

Message 3 of 5 (309 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Ragerblade wrote:

I love the play style, I enjoy and glad I got him.

However, in a fight I get wrecked, and it is causing me some rage. Going from wraith too caustic is like night and day on fights. Not even talking about their ability.  Just I am able to do more, the wingman strafing means nothing if you are the size of a barn. Are they going to be doing anything about this?

I have exactly the same issue, I main wraith and caustic, the amount of hits I take as caustic is way higher, Gibraltar (aka big chungus) has a similar issue but at least he has his shield when he aims so he isn't too crippled. Considering his abilities caustic needs a smaller hit box. Maybe the devs should put him on a strict diet.

Message 4 of 5 (260 Views)

It's all about moves and counter moves.

Caustic is 105% lager then wraith which makes him harder to use in fights but his kit can deny access to a area.

He has nice synergy with Gibraltar and even throw in a lifeline so they can hold a area.

Try to focus on his strengths like blurring people's vision and taking them off guard when in the gas.

Don't try to engage in open combat as your are just a sitting duck waiting to be killed.

Even a smaller hit box wouldn't make him stronger, it would be a buff in the same kind of combat.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 5 (244 Views)