Caustic is the worst legend teammate to have.

by SethCurry

Original Post

Re: Caustic is the worst legend teammate to have.

[ Edited ]

It really depeds on who your playing with and if they are good at playing Caustic. If I see a player select Caustic before me I'll most likely select Bloodhound. I'll hang behind hi\m and when the gas goes off engage the ultimate and shoot the stumbling enemies while they glow red.

Message 11 of 19 (461 Views)

★★★ Expert

@nanashi83 wrote:

i hate that i have to agree with you. its freaking annoying that the gas also makes teammates suffer the effects

It's a triple whammy, the gas itself, the hazed screen effect you get, and you get slowed on top of it all.

An untimely bangalore smoke can end up helping the enemy escape from you too, but at least you can run out without being hindered.

Message 12 of 19 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Caustic or Gibraltar... they both suck. Every time there's a teammate with that char, they're either trying the char out, having fun with the char, trolling with the char, or just a plain shoulder weight. they die too easily due to being FAT.  i just use them as meat shields

Message 13 of 19 (433 Views)

Community Manager

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@nanashi83 wrote:

i hate that i have to agree with you. its freaking annoying that the gas also makes teammates suffer the effects

It's a triple whammy, the gas itself, the hazed screen effect you get, and you get slowed on top of it all.

An untimely bangalore smoke can end up helping the enemy escape from you too, but at least you can run out without being hindered.

Do you ever hide the gas traps in Bangalore's smoke? It's very effective. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 19 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I never understood why when he threw gas canisters he didn't drop a gas mask. At the least for the Ult.  I think it would balance it out. The team would still have to go and grab them, but able to be more aggressive as the gas mask would let them move freely. I personally don't have a problem playing with him on the team, but I can understand everyone's frustration with him.

Message 15 of 19 (392 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DarkWingPenguin2 wrote:

I never understood why when he threw gas canisters he didn't drop a gas mask. At the least for the Ult.  I think it would balance it out. The team would still have to go and grab them, but able to be more aggressive as the gas mask would let them move freely. I personally don't have a problem playing with him on the team, but I can understand everyone's frustration with him.

How would a gas mask "let you move freely"? Gas masks are only to allow you to breathe without taking in toxins. They have no bearing on movement and in fact should hinder your ability to see. Also, you can see where the gas traps are placed. Simple reasoning would say to either exploit them to your advantage or stay away. Pretty simple. Wink

Message 16 of 19 (385 Views)

★★ Novice

ANY character is the worst if the person playing them doesn't play them to the team's advantage, but it is no different than a character that prematurely announces your team's presence or one who is always having to be rescued because he and Leeroy Jenkins have so much in common.I have played with people who have used Caustic brilliantly to our advantage and players who did not.  Don't automatically discount someone who picks caustic.  I have set up ambushes or employed area denial techniques based on things I've learned from other players.

Message 17 of 19 (326 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Phienyx dude wth stop necro pls
Message 18 of 19 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This thread popped up in a Google search and I added my thoughts.  I didn't search out an old post specifically.  And the fact that you took the time to reply to said post is a little.....counter-productive and voids your argument, oh keeper of the Apex forums.  Explain to me again, how this, in any way, harms your existence.

Message 19 of 19 (318 Views)